Misc wifi just plain dissapointing!

airrunner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i purchased my wifi dongle yesterday and had spent some time playing alot of my nds games over wifi.
Damn am i dissapointed it's just terrible. My biggest complaint is the amount of time you have to wait to get a game going it's just rediculous. The only games which were moderately quick to get a wifi game going was metriod prime hunters & mario kart, but that was still a 3 sometimes 4 minute wait at the best of times.

So to all of you who doesn't have wireless and wants to get a wifi dongle think twice as it's not the bag of fun i thought it would be.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Exactly my thoughts. Lack of chat feature, chat channels, ranking lists, innovative game modes & features, downloadable content etc. paired with an incredibly slow down/up speed make the ds's wi-fi shameful.

lurked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would you buy a Wi-Fi dongle? It's dang easy to set up your WI-FI.

Back to subject: Agreed, Wi-Fi for the DS is a complete shame. In need of chat. A game without communication is like being deaf. It just doesn't feel right.

lurked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
what pisses me off about it is it never EVER worked for pokemon...

unsure.gif
It worked for me :wtf:.

lurked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if a company makes a game specifically for multiplayer purposes. No single player, just Wi-Fi and Multiplayer. I know some people would disagree about this idea but i think it would be nice. You couldn't play with yourself even if you tried so when you play with other people it would be fresh.

No single player or any of those features would give the extra space improving multiplayer graphics, voice chat, and more features that are currently being left out in the Multiplayer/Wi-Fi.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wifi on the DS was never very popular. You shouldn't buy a DS just for it's wifi capabilities. The king of online play is still PC gaming.

Also, the dongle is one big ripoff. You can get a good router for less than that. (eg. Linksys WRT54GL - with Tomato firmware, you've effectively turned it into a $500 router).

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lurked said:
Would be nice if a company makes a game specifically for multiplayer purposes. No single player, just Wi-Fi and Multiplayer. I know some people would disagree about this idea but i think it would be nice. You couldn't play with yourself even if you tried so when you play with other people it would be fresh.

No single player or any of those features would give the extra space improving multiplayer graphics, voice chat, and more features that are currently being left out in the Multiplayer/Wi-Fi.
No one at my school except 2 or 3 ever use/have a DS with compatible wifi.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with lurked a game completely online would be great for the ds a mmo, a valid point against it is that not many people would buy it due to a low number of people with working wifi (i guess that would mean it would be a nsmmo not-so-massive-multiplayer
tongue.gif
)

lurked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reaper said:
lurked said:

No one at my school except 2 or 3 ever use/have a DS with compatible wifi.
Same here, because my friends are retards and cant set up his/her own wi-fi.

"WUT IS A MODEM"

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can agree with most posters in this topic. The DS' wifi is lame.
Main problems being lag, low player limits and friend codes. Whoop-dee-doo I can play against 3 other people. Biggest hassle being the friend codes; what the hell, Nintendo?

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
edge199715 said:
Atleast we dont have to pay for it.

thats true but if we had to pay for it it probably wouldn't have gay bloody friendcodes and it might have download content (i hate that we dont get DLC especially on CoD 5)

i have only played online Wii because my internet is WPA not WEP and i have a DSL so if someone could show me or link a guide on how to change WPA to WEP that would be great because i would like to try out DS online Jump! Ultimate Stars

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Wifi is lame because you don't feel like you're playing against another person. Reason is that there are no posibillities for chatting or communicating. also the player counts for DS games are limited.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found Fantasy Star Zero to be quite enjoyable online because if the other person was lagging (which was rare since I mostly played against Japanese with awesome connections) simply turn off the game and turn it back on and reconnect.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NDS' Wifi IS poorly executed. The amount of errors is just horrible. Couple that with the fact that it doesn't like working much, anyway, turns it into something irritating. Almost on any game with Wifi, it lags. Even on CARD GAMES, it lags. I mean, come on. They need a better wifi server, and they need to add the chat and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all