Hacking Wifi Connection to Use USB Loader GX?

abaproductions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings and hope all had a good xmas.

Just had a question that I hadn't run into until just yesterday.

Been using USB Loader GX for a while, but last night after finally getting the games loaded per WFBS Manager on my USB drive the main screen of GX froze while scrolling through the games and it became an ongoing problem for a while. Multiple times I had to turn off the Wii and start over just to fail at another attempt.

The only thing I changed yesterday was to turn off the WIFI connection on the Wi so that other children playing games would not accidentally update and brick the Wii or use homebrew. The USB Loader GX screen kept freezing up and I had to turn off the Wii and try again multiple times until I finally just enabled the WIFI settings once again and then everything appeared to work fine again.

I deleted the .cfg files and tried that initially but that didn't seem to work. So basically I'm curious if the Wii has to have a server/internet connection for USB Loader GX to work, bc it appears after troubling shooting everything else that the connection was/is the primary problem.

Thanks ahead.

abaproductions

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
have you got the auto connect enabled in the settings?? and have you tried a different version/revision as it might be a bug in the app

haven't tried testing it yet, but it appears that if 'auto init. network' is enabled in the settings that it causes this little bug in usb loader gx if there is not wifi/hard wire connection.

http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/help/readmii

missed it during the first scan through the faq.

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F