Hacking WiFi backup on LU64+

cfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.4u LU64+ Wii with homebrew installed, LU64 patch applied, and 0.3 gamma with 002 fix installed in channel (and working great)

First and foremost: I have been searching here, and other sites for the past couple of days. I have found alot of guides on how to do a wifi backup. So far, none of them discuss the LU64+. All the guides I have been able to find all include adding more CIOS's... with a LU64, I can't. I tried installing WiiHTTP, and got it to come up, was able to hit it's "home page" with firefox, but when I click on Single layer, the computer just sits there, and the wii has lots of blocks of numbers on it, and the last three lines all say coredump on them. Re-read as much as I could, added a www directory on the SD card, but no help. Both times I let everything sit for 15 minutes, but FF still did not have a save as box on it, and I had to hold the power button for 5+ seconds to exit out.

I have been trying to backup my wii sports disc so that I have a control to see if it works. (and yes, before someone asks, i did make sure the disc is in the drive.

I know there are some other backup programs out there, but I am in the same situation, everyone wants some CIOS's installed before it. It seems to me that they all want DVDX installed, and it's install includes adding cios files as well.

Possible that the confusion comes from me not knowing what is in the LU64 patch. I might have the required CIOS files already installed, and am just missing something else.

At any rate, any help you can offer is appreciated.

Mods: if this should be in WiFi, or a different area, you have my apologies. If you would be so kind as to move it and PM me, I would appreciate it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you should do is use the USB Loader to make backups. It's far faster than any other method and it's compatible with the LU64 fix.

cfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only usb drive I have is 256 Megs.
frown.gif

I have a 8 gig SD card, and a usb adapter.... any ideas if that will work?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfire said:
I have a 3.4u LU64+ Wii with homebrew installed, LU64 patch applied, and 0.3 gamma with 002 fix installed in channel (and working great)

I tried installing WiiHTTP, and got it to come up, was able to hit it's "home page" with firefox, but when I click on Single layer, the computer just sits there, and the wii has lots of blocks of numbers on it, and the last three lines all say coredump on them. Possible that the confusion comes from me not knowing what is in the LU64 patch. I might have the required CIOS files already installed, and am just missing something else.

At any rate, any help you can offer is appreciated.

From what I could tell the LU64 "patch" is an unreleased version of cIOS v11. This cIOS should allow for backups to be played from disk (that's obviously working for you) and for backups to be played with the USB loader. In this way the cIOS is similar to rev9 and rev10.

I can tell you that I used to dump my games using the Wii HTTPd but since I installed cIOS rev9 it stopped working correctly from some reason (it would fail at 99%). I switched to:

[+] Wii DVD Dumper (Custom IOS) v1.2 |
| developed by Waninkoko

and it has worked fine ever since.

Also rather than using a browser (never seemed to work well for me) I use wget:

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

It is a command line utility so you will need to learn how to use it, but it has always worked for me.

BTW, if you use the USBLoader/WBFS to dump your games you will only get "scrubbed" versions with no update partitions etc... If that's what you want then go ahead, but if you want complete backups you will need to use another method.

cfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I'll be trying the sd card and adapter later this weekend. I just saw at walmart they have 16 gig pen drives for $35.00. Wow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson