Hacking Wich memory should I buy?

rey123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI!

Please help mw to decide wich memory I should buy.
I will use them on my R4DS cart.

A-DATA 1GB MicroSD Flash Card Model MICROSD 1GB - Retail US$16.99

or
Kingston 1GB MicroSD Flash Card Model SDC/1GB - Retail US$17.99

Thanks for your help

xler8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

screamster101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read on the nds mail blog site that kingston 1 GB will not work with nds mail. (could explain why nds mail is still not connecting for me)

mck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kingston is very good for the price. I've got 2.
One for the R4 and one for mine m3 perfect
yaynds.gif

Its very strange to have so much space. A lot of homebrew and gba games on the m3(used only 689mb), and used 875mb for Ds games on the R4.

This is handheld heaven.

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm putting 16 trimmed games and all 6 episodes of FLCL in dpg format on my 1GB A-Data microSD. It will be a little over 900 MB, I'll still have room for saves
smile.gif

False Hope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet, is to get a Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Made In Japan), if youre lucky. Or KingMAX and PNY MicroSD cards are very nice.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go for something somewhat fast if you want to play games that do a lot of I/O (for instance, PoR). Kingston cards are supposedly fast (I've got none as they're pretty much always back-ordered indefinitely over here, so I'm unable to verify this) and as they're fairly cheap they're considered to offer a lot of bang for the buck. Sandisk Ultra-II will work fine with all (?) games as well, just make sure you get the Ultra-II and not a vanilla Sandisk as they're not as fast.

pitprop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not sure who makes A-Data micro SD cards.
But kingston are the same as many other 1GB ( made in Japan) cards :
Viking,Kingston , Toshiba and Dane-Elec are all the same ( supposedly made by Toshiba). They usually have the code SD-C01G JAPAN on the botton of the card.

elhomero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has warned me to research on micro SD before buying. Right now its just the 1Gb Kingston, 1Gb AData, and the 1gb pny. But the PNY costs around $35 while the other two cost around $17.

tactix

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I recently ordered 5 Kingston 1GB microSD from Kingston online itself since they had a secret promotion where the card was $15USD. I had to pay tax on top of that since it was being shipped to CA. Some US states had no taxes. Shipping was free. Anyways, when the card came last week, it was made in Taiwan. I haven't got my R4 DS adapter yet to try the microSD, but I read that this Made in Taiwan Kingston 1GB microSD has problems. Just posting to let everyone be aware that Kingston has a Made in Japan and Made in Taiwan 1GB microSD. So shopping online is kind of risky since you don't know which one you're going to get.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered 5 Kingston 1GB microSD from Kingston online itself since they had a secret promotion where the card was $15USD. I had to pay tax on top of that since it was being shipped to CA. Some US states had no taxes. Shipping was free. Anyways, when the card came last week, it was made in Taiwan. I haven't got my R4 DS adapter yet to try the microSD, but I read that this Made in Taiwan Kingston 1GB microSD has problems. Just posting to let everyone be aware that Kingston has a Made in Japan and Made in Taiwan 1GB microSD. So shopping online is kind of risky since you don't know which one you're going to get.
Heh, read around through a couple threads. I'm sure everyone is already aware of the two Kingston 1GB's (JAPAN/TAIWAN) as well as them randomly choosing from the two. I got one of em for $10 during a promotion at the end of the year and I guess I was lucky since it turned out to be a Japan one (guy on these forums got the same exact one from the same site with the same promotion and his turned out to be a Taiwan). Although, I've seen a few people who have claimed no problems from their Taiwan's as well.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
I ended up ordering an A-Data 1GB, according to the wikki it seems to work just a great as the kingston. I didn't go with Kingston because I didn't want to gamble on getting a Tawain made one.

qtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
howcome nobody ever talks about a 2gb micro sd card? maybe I should just get 2 x 1gb ?? maybe switching between 2 cards won't be so bad as long as u have a memory case and a ds carrying case.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 1GB Transcend from newegg.com and all the games that I have works fine... thought there was some stuttering in mp3 playback in moonshell (not sure if it's a bad mp3 or moonshell itself).

But my sister bought a new cell phone and took that microSD. So I took her credit card and order a 1GB Kingston for myself. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse