WHY WON'T IT DIE?

JamieRoss

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been infected by DNS Unlocker. I've tried removing it from my programs, an adware removal tool, removing it from my plugins and extensions, and multiple system restores, but it's still there. HELP!

This is a very nasty virus.. I came to this forum just to thank you for opening my eyes because I was deeply convinced that ads by dns unlocker show up for me because I am visiting infected websites! Now I know that they are caused by adware on my computer. Nevertheless, I should say that this guide given by endoverent is not very clear because you don't need to open safe more or change your homepage. You need to reset them and remove malicious extensions from the system. Here is a guide I used for fixing my pc http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-dns-unlocker-adware.html

lucifer564

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been struggling with this one today. Seemed to made some headway once I checked the DNS settings ( 199.203.***.145) & (82.163.***.167) and change them to automatic. Machine then started to respond and looks like it is now clean. I followed the guide in this post to change my DNS to automatic and it did the trick. I was not sure about those anti-malware programs recommended so I didn't download them. DNS Unlocker may have changed your default DNS settings. You can follow the steps below to repair it by yourself. (Take Windows 7 for example) Click Start button, go to Control Panel and click the View network status and tasks link under Network and Internet category. (Note: The control panel screen is under View by: Category) Then click on Local Area Connection. In the pop-up Local Area Connection 2 Status window, you click on Properties button. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) then click Properties button. Select the Obtain DNS server address automatically option and click on OK button.

Hope this can help more people who also get DNS Unlocker ads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/xeWd4a5RYJ8?si=URwg3PNBQa5zPuXt that birthday cake look jumpin