Homebrew Why use JK's save manager with CFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
"Why do people use a save manager to manage their saves instead of a cia installer?"
Do you even realize how your question sounds?
FBI isn't just a cia installer, it's actually a "Multipurpose file/title/ticket/save manager", or in other words "an open source title manager for the 3DS." (Said by Stevice10, the developer of the application himself, check this: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI)

EDIT: No, I'm not here to promote anyone, I'm just pointing facts out.

Last edited by AntiMach,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
FBI isn't just a cia installer, it's actually a "Multipurpose file/title/ticket/save manager", or in other words "an open source title manager for the 3DS." (Said by Stevice10, the developer of the application himself, check this: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI)
Ok. Well then your question becomes similar to "why do people buy electronics in an electronics store and tools in a DIY store when a department store has both electronics and tools?"
Because you get better electronics in an electronics store and better tools in a DIY store, because they are meant for that.

Reactions: Quantumcat

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok. Well then your question becomes similar to "why do people buy electronics in an electronics store and tools in a DIY store when a department store has both electronics and tools?"
Because you get better electronics in an electronics store and better tools in a DIY store, because they are meant for that.
You really like to make comparisons, uh? In this case, that really doesn't help much, as JKSM and FBI do the exact same thing when extracting and importing save files. You know, when it comes to data management, FBI is better, even if its harder to understand. I honestly think you are just sinking yourself with those arguments.

EDIT: I was the one sinking myself gosh darn it!

Last edited by AntiMach,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You really like to make comparisons, uh? In this case, that really doesn't help much, as JKSM and FBI do the exact same thing when extracting and importing save files. You know, when it comes to data management, FBI is better, even if its harder to understand. I honestly think you are just sinking yourself with those arguments.
I love to make comparisons yeah. That helps people who have problems understanding stuff to actually understand stuff.
JKSM and FBI don't do the exact same thing. The result can be the same yeah, but it doesn't mean everything is the same.

JKSM has a cache of games you have, allowing it to "never" scan your SD to check for games you may have, so all you have to do is launch it, press buttons very quickly and it follows, and then you can extract/restore even in batch. You could browse with FBI to get the same result but not nearly as fast when it has to scan for games, scan for savegames, scan for folders on your SD, etc.

So yeah, JKSM is limited if you want (can't choose the directory, etc), but that's exactly why it's better.

And I'm wondering who's sinking themselves in that thread when there is literally 1 guy saying "FBI is better" and everyone else is saying "this is the second dumbest thing I've read after menuhax>a9lh".

Last edited by Hayleia,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

there really is no arguing that jksm is quicker and easier to use.

fbi works just as well for a single game. but once you have to go back and forth between titles and sd, waiting for the title list to load, there is no arguing that the dedicated save manager is better. not just because you can mass backup things, but because it saved it in a named folder with optional date and time.
there's no contest as far as long term use is concerned

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you here on behalf to Steveice10 to promote FBI? Because that's how it sounds.
You annoy me. Please go elsewhere with shitposting.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I love to make comparisons yeah. That helps people who have problems understanding stuff to actually understand stuff.
JKSM and FBI don't do the exact same thing. The result can be the same yeah, but it doesn't mean everything is the same.

JKSM has a cache of games you have, allowing it to "never" scan your SD to check for games you may have, so all you have to do is launch it, press buttons very quickly and it follows, and then you can extract/restore even in batch. You could browse with FBI to get the same result but not nearly as fast when it has to scan for games, scan for savegames, scan for folders on your SD, etc.

So yeah, JKSM is limited if you want (can't choose the directory, etc), but that's exactly why it's better.

And I'm wondering who's sinking themselves in that thread when there is literally 1 guy saying "FBI is better" and everyone else is saying "this is the second dumbest thing I've read after menuhax>a9lh".
Ok. JKSM IS a great application. I'm not saying it isn't (even though it seems like it). And, sure, everyone says it's better to use JKSM for that kind of stuff, and I don't mind that at all. Of all of the threads I made, this one got a lot of people's attention, mainly because they think it's a confusing, hard and non-practical alternative. Oh, and you are using quotes out of context. I also said "when it comes to data management, FBI is better", so don't take quotes out of context. And also, you were the ONLY one in this thread to say that "this is the second dumbest thing I've read after menuhax>a9lh".

You annoy me. Please go elsewhere with shitposting.
Ditto

EDIT: How worse could I possibly get???

Last edited by AntiMach,

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
I just don't get the point of this thread.
At this point, I just regret making the thread...

its trolling.
and the troll has a .5% chance of not being aware he's a troll.
Oh, so THAT's the point of it... I didn't know that at all. (not being sarcastic, even though it sounds like it)

EDIT: I wasn't trolling... I was just out of my mind...

Last edited by AntiMach,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the difference between working harder and smarter. That's like saying why do people buy different make/models of cars when X model exists and it already drives! JKSM is the most full proof way to export/import saves. Especially concerning the secure values that a wide variety of newer games use to detect altered saves, JKSM deletes this value automatically unlike other save managers.Not to mention sheer ease of access in comparison to FBI. Yeah I'm really going to cycle through 10 menus, to copy and paste the encrypted save file I can't use anyway VS taking 3 steps to ensure I backup a save that I can use. This makes absolutely no sense.

shadowpanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I even have two save managers, JKSM for 3DS games, and TWLSaveTool for my DS carts.

Both are really easy to use, and JKSM doesn't support DS carts, that's why.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Holy crap you're an idiot. "Why use an app that takes 3 or 4 steps to backup your saves when you could take 20 steps instead?"

Seems pretty damned obvious. Stupid thread, stupid OP, stupid argument.
*sigh* Why did you bother posting on this "stupid thread" by a "stupid OP" anyway? I might have "stupid argument"s, but if I were you, I would avoid posting.

EDIT: What in the actual f*** is wrong with me?!?

Last edited by AntiMach,

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In addition to all the other good reasons put forth in this thread, I believe JKSM existed long before FBI got save data handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.