Hacking Why update to 4.2 when it does absolutely nothing?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean, seriously, no games need it just yet and plus it doesnt even add any features at all. Why are people updating?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
because ppl love to screw themselves and then come here to ask questions so they make some new friends? When ninty releases an update worth a fuck ill think about updating

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I mean, seriously, no games need it just yet and plus it doesnt even add any features at all. Why are people updating?

It's fun, thats why
smile.gif
As long as you know what you are doing. Pretty soon anybody will be able to safely update from a previous softmodded Wii to v4.2 without ANY effort. Stick around
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:

Because it was (a) easy, (b) in my case safe to do, Â had no detrimental effect and most importantly (d) meant somebody else couldn't use my wii and accidently do an official update and screw the wii completely.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no where near being the laziest person in the world but I'll tell you one of the reasons why I didn't upgrade. Because to upgrade I have to do something. To not upgrade I don't have to do anything. Do something versus do nothing... I went with doing nothing.

It's almost (but not quite) like telling me, hey this robot needs maintenance. Here is what you need to do to maintain it but if you don't maintain it, it will maintain itself. It might even be able to do a better job maintaining itself than you can do maintaining it.

You tell me that, I won't touch the robot unless I'm curious or suspect something.

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
caz i want to use the shop channel ....
and to use it i will have to either use the updater or the shop channel updater... so why not do a more complete job while i am at it?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Link5084 said:

Because it was (a) easy, (b) in my case safe to do, © had no detrimental effect and most importantly (d) meant somebody else couldn't use my wii and accidently do an official update and screw the wii completely.

My main reason

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Wait, you HAVE to update to use the Shop Channel? What if you go to the Shop Channel on 4.1?
you dont HAVE to update.
just install the latest IOS61 [v5405] and shopping channel [v17] wad's

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
dont update then i dont
tongue.gif
proud owner of a 3.2U console use WIISCU to update my official channels (and wads i "obtain" using google search or GBATEMP search and NP with any advanced hacks or game compatibility its all the same on all Homebrew enabled wii's its a matter of choice how "modified" you want to go with your applications of the homebrew and reading previous to the execution of said applications. So long as you read b4 you proceed you will succeed!
tongue.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did it cuz i felt like it, do i need a good reason to want to update?
everything still works HBC usbloader and such so long as you didn't update trough Nintendo.
sure nothing new or useful was added to the system menu but no harm no foul right?.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menus/overall feel of v4.2 feels "smoother" to me, but that might just be my mind playing tricks
smile.gif
Heck, with a new safe installer available, what reason is there NOT to update?
biggrin.gif

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2 and don't see much reason to upgrade. My 3.2 can do everything that 4.2 can do and I like the theme that i made and can't really be bothered with changing it. Until there is some added feature that i can't live without i'm staying put.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess updating firmware for me is just to test new hacks that comeout, and I always end up leaving the newest firmware installed.

I don't have much preference for the Firmware Version, what I'm really looking for is a System Menu Replacement that will install and run from Wii's NAND without an obligatory SD card.

But I can only hope
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30