Why my computer crash down when I unplug usb?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by bradzx, Oct 8, 2013.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I don't get it. I am using male to female usb with EasyCaps usb. Everytime, I unplug EasyCaps on female usb, about few minutes later, it start crash down. Why my computer crash down when I unplug my EasyCaps? Can anyone tell me how to prevent crash down when I unplug EasyCaps?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I had never heard of it but a quick scan says it is a cheap and nasty capture device. Did you install any drivers or custom software with this device? If so I am going with that. I am far too lazy and watching the clock approach 2am is not likely to change that but drivers and/or custom software installed with nasty video capture device is a good bet.

On the off chance it is not exactly that do you just pull the device out or do you properly shut down the programs it uses and properly eject it? If you just pull it then it may leave something running in the background and that could gradually take up memory and possibly take the whole system with it.

3. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Uh...I use VideoView for EasyCaps cuz I found it on youtube long time ago. I plug it and it said unable to understand usb port. So I look up the google and follow the steps to uyse install easycaps on videoview.

[​IMG]

Also when I start use it, there is pop up about memory data error in my computer. I don't know what is it all about it so I cancel. It is that reason cause my computer crash down?

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I willing to bet that USB capture device and that program you downloaded is completely no good.

A rule of thumb, good capture device starts around $100. Anything less than that and you'll be pulling your hair out trying to get it work (if it does work in the first place).

5. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
  6. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
  7. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Oh ok. I will buy it later when I have enough money.

8. jargus

jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    United States
  9. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Oh ok. Thank you for some suggest.

Here is picture when I start use EasyCap, this start pop up.

[​IMG]

10. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Let you know I use Registry Easy to clean out the error files and crashes problem. It clean out. Hope won't get other crashes.