くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
You know, I'm a real philosophical genius, the best philosopher in GBAtemp in fact, so I regularly ask myself this question. Like, why put on your socks, if you take them off in the end of the day? Why go to school if you come back home anyways? Why take a shower if you would already get dirty after taking a shower? Why go to sleep if you wake up anyways? These are very hard questions which are yet to be answered by mankind. I, myself, am on a spiritual journey to find the answer to these immortal questions myself, and when I find the answer - I will tell you it.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I have to admit I am curious about death as well. However, since death is inevitable anyway, I don't feel as if I have to rush it.
And if you find out death isn't so great, its not like you get to hit the reset button.
Another thing to consider is the pain you cause to the people you leave behind. Suicide is a selfish decision in that regard.

Concerning this thread: Never a dull day goes by in the life of DeadlyFoez. :lol:

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am thinking like this:
I have stuff I want to achieve now, while I'm alive. Raise a family, enjoy my hobbies, write a book, produce smashing music...
If someone now says that I can do all that in my next life, why wouldn't I do it in this life. I sure don't have any memories from a past life, so I wouldn't benefit from dying and postpone all my life goals.
And if you talk about another afterlife, in some kind of heaven or so, I don't think it'd be the same as here. Litterature, video games, music, internet...
So now, I rather live now and make the most out of it, because the only thing that's certain in life is that you die.

Reactions: TrolleyDave

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Life's for living, we're all on a journey to our death after every day's passing.

So just enjoy the time you have left here and stop encouraging the inevitable.

As it was pointed out on an earlier post, obviously you have loved one's, so stop to think how they will feel if you died.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How on earth is this topic being credited as a sensible discussion? The whole principle of wanting your life to be over to discover what's next is so melodramatic and affected that it's ridiculous.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so good to know we have an expert here.

I've technically died three times to date. And while I experienced some powerful visions while my heart was stopped, they still don't compare to what I see in life when I take the time to look around. While I still live I can see the smile on the face of the woman I love when I tell her how much she means to me. Trust me, nothing any afterlife I've visited in all my out of body excursions comes even close to that. Anyone who spends their time worrying about the next life instead of grabbing this one by the short hairs needs to get out more until they find that one thing they care more about so much that even eternity seems like no big deal in comparison.

There are things in this life beyond anything you could possibly imagine if you ever find the courage to truly open your eyes and look. I for one will deal with the next life when I damn well get there. If there is a God out there governing my destiny, the way I see it, which do you think He'd prefer? For me to sit in a dusty old church singing his praises all day or to get out there and make the most out of what He created? And if there ISN'T a God, then all church really is is a dusty old building we take far too seriously for no good reason. I don't know for sure one way or the other if there's a God, I'm only a mortal man despite my inability to be die by conventional means. But it seems to me that God or no God my way makes pretty good sense. And if there's a God out there that would rather I waste the gift of life sat in said dusty old church doing nothing but sing his praises, then frankly he's nothing more than a slave driver with the concept of Hell as his whip, and not one part of that sounds like anything worthy of my respect.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Most religions have kinda a safegaurd built in where if you rush things you go to hell anyway.
(The ones that don't have that belief tend to run our of followers pretty fast ... I'm sure there are exceptions, though.)

Also, if you believe we're going somewhere afterward it's common to also believe that there's a reason why we're here, too.

The general consensus of this thread so far seems to be that living is better and dying is permanent so live while you can.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was brought into this world for reasons unknown. I don't know what my purpose is, what I'll do with my life, but while I'm here I'll try to figure it out, all while making it to the end that is death as we know it. We don't know what comes after it, but that's one thing that I'm in no rush to find out.

There was a really good ending to I think the first season of House, Hugh Laurie says something really profound on the matter. Gonna try to pull up the episode in Plex and get a quote (I can't find the vid on youtube)

Edit - well, that's not the episode I was thinking of. I have no idea where it would be then. Being out of state and the fact it's a pain to stream off of my server, it'll probably be a while till I get it. Don't expect it any time soon/ at all.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to live than die rather than bribes, this statement because we do not know what will happen next, I believe that when you are on our death, and I will transform the image of huge dick Although quality is debatable, there is sex, there are cool things in life, such as ice cream and bacon never die

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.