Misc Why isnt Voice chat in More ds games

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like some voice chat wifi games, but they really need to come up with some better quality headsets first.

I was never able to figure out if my particular DS had a crappy mic system or if that was just the quality of all DS mics. Maybe it's all em.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you even heard the quality when voice chatting online? It's horrendous, and all that bandwidth it leeches could be going to something more useful.

MillzOnPillz

Trophies
XP
Country
The DSi's mic is quite a bit better then the DS Lite and DS Fat's mics.

I do not understand why games would just have Voice Chat, or just have text chat. It would make more sense for them to have both.

J

Jackreyes

A VC game would be too 'risky' for Nintendo, let-alone boring (not for Nintendo, just in general).
Nintendo wouldn't want a game in which the sole purpose is interaction with others. Seeing as a lot of young children have DS's, they could come into contact with any 'weirdo' (someone on these forums). Which doesn't suit their family-friendly image.

They could of course make it friend code only.. but then... it'd be as useless as pictochat (almost).

Personally, I wouldn't really want a voice-chat game for DS... Just use Skype, or a phone...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.