Homebrew Discussion Why isn't anyone working on bringing Wii games to the Switch?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm wouldn't it be possible to get Dolphin working on the android?
Yes, it works if you set GPU to Vulkan. No OpenGL support in Switch Android yet.
I just meant, I don't know if it runs better on Lakka or Android.
But it probably won't be fullspeed on either, just close enough to be considered playable if you don't mind fucky sound.

I don't know what sort of magic Nintendo/Nvidia worked to get those Wii games running perfectly on the Shield. Might be heavily dependant on game specific speedhacks, a pretty common technique used in the past. Which means compatibility will not be great, but good enough if you're just releasing a limited selection of games. Not great for Dolphin, where you can play pretty much everything.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Deleted member 354686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incase somebody is interested how they packed Wii games (in this case Super Mario Galaxy) for the Chinese NVidia shield:

unknown.png
Do you think it would be possible to import the HD UI textures they made for use in Dolphin?

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it would be possible to import the HD UI textures they made for use in Dolphin?

These are not the official HD UI textures that Nintendo/Nvidia used for there emulater on the chinese shield but some of these dolphin custom texture packs might even be better in my opinion. Here's a link to a page on the dolphin emulator forums, it has all the available dolphin custom texture packs. You just have to look through the pages and maybe they have the game your looking for.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Forum-custom-texture-projects

Also here are the latest updated texture packs for Super Mario Galaxy 1+2. I had to look through the pages to find it back when I was in search of these hd packs because the official links were down.

Newer download to Dolphin Resource Packs, they are using the full size DDS textures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B0cA_SlJUTHx0-mIh1xg5uQMAKflOU4r

Older download to the original packs:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1t1kwxpt6leqe/Textures_Super_Mario_Galaxy

PrinceOfBrains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think it's gonna be one of those 'game by game basis' things. Like, Mario Galaxy and the two No More Heroes ports show that it CAN work, but there has to be developer interest/potential audience. I think the low attach rate that the Wii had through a lot of it's life means that studios are gonna be a little pickier about what they go through the effort to port and bring back to life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill