Homebrew Question why is there no proper usb installer solution?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried them all:

1. goldtree/goldleaf is a pain since it cannot do batch install and uses its (zadig tool) driver which is a hassle on every reboot.

2. tinfoil uses NUT server which does not find some .nsp files that are not in the proper header format.

3. tinfoil 0.2.1 with usb fix refuses some .nsp files and then crashes because it is old and buggy as shit.

so why is there no proper way to install the files that we mount using NS-USBLOADER? we just need a proper switch installer. PC side is fine using ns-usbloader.

please...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried them all:

1. goldtree/goldleaf is a pain since it cannot do batch install and uses its (zadig tool) driver which is a hassle on every reboot.

2. tinfoil uses NUT server which does not find some .nsp files that are not in the proper header format.

3. tinfoil 0.2.1 with usb fix refuses some .nsp files and then crashes because it is old and buggy as shit.

so why is there no proper way to install the files that we mount using NS-USBLOADER? we just need a proper switch installer. PC side is fine using ns-usbloader.

please...
there is, its called sx os.

you can have an xci or nsp on your sd card or usb and install it to your sd or internal memory.

ohh wait this must be another feature xecuter stole (LOL)

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is talking about the reverse direction.
He wants to install off console memory or sd card to an external usb.

Why when you simply store the xci or nsp and it runs off it.

Purpose of installing off usb with sx os is its not limited to fat32 so you can have large roms and if you want to play it on the move, install it to ad or internal.

Id find it stupid to want to install a game to a device when it can simply load off it as it is.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wants to install off console memory or sd card to an external usb.

Why when you simply store the xci or nsp and it runs off it.

Purpose of installing off usb with sx os is its not limited to fat32 so you can have large roms and if you want to play it on the move, install it to ad or internal.

Id find it stupid to want to install a game to a device when it can simply load off it as it is.

No, he wants to install from a PC while reading the NSP directly from the PC via USB.

Reactions: naddel81

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he wants to install from a PC while reading the NSP directly from the PC via USB.
So he wants network install not usb.

His title is why no proper usb install.

There is, sx os insert usb device and install.

Installing off a pc isnt usb its via network.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he wants network install not usb.

His title is why no proper usb install.

There is, sx os insert usb device and install.

Installing off a pc isnt usb its via network.

no, it installs over USB not network.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Real tinfoil with NS-USBloader has been 100% reliable for me.

The critique was never reliability, he wants easy batch installs which you cannot do.

Reactions: naddel81

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I use sx/tinfoil installer with nut server version 1.1 and it works great over WiFi for me as well as usb. Not sure if you’re aware @blawar but downloading version 1.2 of nut server seems to have some sort of malware attached these days, my windows defender always deletes it? @hippy dave I must try that one out never knew it existed.

Last edited by Reecey,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf works perfect here so dunno what your doing wrong

He is not doing anything wrong, it does not support batch installs.

I use sx/tinfoil installer with nut server version 1.1 and it works great over WiFi for me as well as usb. Not sure if you’re aware @blawar but downloading version 1.2 of nut server seems to have some sort of malware attached my windows defender always deletes it? @hippy dave I must try that one out never knew it existed.

Windows likes to identify most compiled python as malware, the source code is available if anyone wishes to run the raw scripts, its just compiled to exe for convenience.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
He is not doing anything wrong, it does not support batch installs.

Windows likes to identify most compiled python as malware, the source code is available if anyone wishes to run the raw scripts, its just compiled to exe for convenience.
That’s fine, no you have me wrong I’m not trying to suggest anything under handed here, it could of been hijacked anything like that, it’s for the best you know!

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s fine, no you have me wrong I’m not trying to suggest anything under handed here, it could of been hijacked anything like that, it’s for the best you know!

I did not mean to come off hasty, people report that to me often, and there is nothing I can do about it. Luckily the project is open source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1