Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why the quality and quantity of Nintendo's first party titles have declined, its good for business to appeal to these new markets, but this DSiXL is just absurd.

Who else remembers the first time they held their gameboy micro? Having an amazing library of games, on a device smaller than my phone. And, it looked cool to be playing it too, the size of one's hands would enclose the entire device with flesh. It was tiny and sleek, so much so that I carried it around where ever I was. It even went with Nintendo's current idealogy of making all their games so easy a caveman can play them. With two face buttons, a d-pad and shoulders, it was as simple as can be. It was one of the first to offer any sort of customization, in the way of faceplates, and the entire thing was completely scratch proof; if you took a key to the screen, it would only ding up the faceplate, which you could swap with another. As far as size goes, it was about 1/4 that of an open DSL, and you could simply wrap your hands around it, instead of lifting it up with one hand and prodding it with the other. I was upset with the DSi's size, especially since it's 4 times as large, and most of the games' graphics are still represented in 2 dimensions, like the gameboy. Did I mention overpriced? I bought my micro for $89.99, a DSi on amazon is $179.99 :/.

I still do carry my micro around, or at least I did up until a few months ago. I carry my iphone everywhere, and emulate a GBA if I need my portable gaming fix nowadays.

Anyways, thoughts, comments, concerns? There are some great DS games of course, NSMB, some Castlevenia's, Phantom Hourglass, Super Mario 64 DS of course, Metroid Prime Hunters, the amazing Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and even some of the casual stuff Nintendo puts out there; Nintendogs, Brain Age. I just wish they'd realize that they're making this portable game console into a netbook. Minus, the netbook's power of course.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually believe they "say" its for old people,really its for younger people to because they know kids always want better,so now kids can walk around with bigger DSi and better anti-piracy... They want us to get it so we cant get free games. This was all just and opinion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was actually a very smart move by Nintendo, marketing wise. You already got a bunch of people to buy the DSi. Since Nintendo has a large enough fanboy following, odds are people will now dump their "old" DSi's for a more expensive one. GENIUS!

There's a section for rants. It's called Blogs, Edge of Forums, or Notepad. The last option is actually a cool feature automatically installed on your computer by GBAtemp. Just open Start->Accessories->Notepad, type your rant, and hit Save! Now everyone on GBAtemp can read it, trust me!

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly.
nintendo-dsi-ll-console.jpg

To unportable for me.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nintendo is making money off of it, then they'll keep doing it. thats why i prefer to wait a a little bit longer whenever nintendo releases another ds. i just know that they'll make a better one.

Wankare

Trophies
Website
wankare.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Yeah , My 75 year old granny who is almost blind
wants to play mario, but she can't see it! D:
poof! nintendo granted her a wish!
to have a DS with a huge screen so she could see it properly !
yay! it works for granny but not for me... XD
ph34r.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Not dumb but good at marketing. Before I call any company dumb, I think to myself, if I could have done better. And no, I wouldn't be able market the DSi and get people to buy it .

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is not dumb, or at least most of the time they are not. The DSi XL is a brilliant idea market wise. You don't get this apparently. It will sell millions just because people are dumb enough to buy it. As long as Nintendo is making profits, they are brilliant, no matter what. It's the customers whom you should judge.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont want it dont buy it simple and their not dumb these are just marketing tactics stop omplaining or your gonna be the "dumb" one here

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
PLEASE SEE SONY FIRST BEFORE COMPLAINING AT NINTENDO. period

Who would be an idiot buying a sony product for one year, then sony release another for the next year then release it again on the next year and come up with a new one in one year and sell another one in one year and it's overpriced as well. and you're complaing that the DSi is not a worth upgrade.

BULLSHIT.

DONT JUDGE THE DS, JUDGE THE PSP.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Got to admit the micro was the best looking portable console ever and it was a shame they released it so near the end to the gba's lifetime. I would be really annoyed if they scrapped the current DSi and replaced it with the DSi XL but they're not and they're still selling the DSLite so its your choice and if you have bad eyesight and pointlessly large pockets then the DSi XL is the console for you. Also I don't think that the DSi XL will look pixilated, look at the GBA's reselution doesn't look to bad when you stretch it out on NO$GBA to twice the size so DS games should look alright as well with the bonus of being bigger.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
again, when looking at cellphones, you're really out of luck. you buy a phone today and next month, a new model.

I would suggest looking at the most high end phone and look at its lower form (FUCK OFF iPhone)

same goes to Nintendo (and Sony). Look at their products and buy what's the best. for sony, PSP 2000 is really the best PSP out there today.

for nintendo, The DSi XL is the best as it offers better battery life. if you want games, get the normal DSi.

SRLY, if you have the money, BUY IT!!

Nintendo are not dumb, they research well. look at the Wii, it's a 5 year research and look at sony's dildo-looking controllers, it's still in beta. they just copied it from nintendo.

The DSi XL has a reason and it's for older people who cant read small fonts. The DS are for children but for now, it's for everyone.

People demand for bigger screens, here comes Nintendo's response to those people. same people who complains, FUCK YOU! you ask for it, then you get it.

I didnt ask for bigger screen, i DEMANDED for better battery so I will buy it. Good thing I didnt bought another DSi. I was waiting for DSi XL. I'll just give my current DSi to my sis.

There's a reason why Nintendo had done this compare to Sony who just want to annoy its loyal fans.

Im not a fan of GBA but i do like the micro. i wish i had one of those but not a fan of GBA games, though. bare with me

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
from business point of view, i don't see any problem with nintendo launching DSi LL. It is just part of a marketing strategy! not as if nintendo is forcing you guys to buy it or giving some lame excuses like ahem ahem...

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I know Nintendo made a mistake with the DSi's battery life but they made it better now as it offers more battery life. But I do not know if it's bigger than the current DSi but I will guess it's bigger.

Hmmm... better anti-piracy for DSi XL means new flashcart for the DSi XL.

current flashcart owners WILL NOT buy this one unless they can burn another money for another flashcart to run on the DSi XL.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is dumb? eh..I don't see you running a company and making games and money out of it?
you are just jealous of nintendo or people who has the money to buy their newest products
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: