Emulation Why is Cemu cpu priority set to Above Normal?

vsub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this is causing the problem but my gpu turns off few times and I have to hard restart.
While cemu is loading shaders at startup,I can notice how everything else starts to freeze

i7-67000HQ,GTX1060

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To avoid some FPS drops while in game (by taking the priority to all others program including windows' ones)
CEMU is very CPU dependant.

Shaders loading step is a very consuming step in terms of resources.

When you say "my gpu turn off", do you mean that your PC screen freeze?
Have you tried Win+Tab to be sure that you're not still in CEMU's fullscreen mode ?

Reactions: Alexander1970

vsub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No,I literally mean my laptop screen turns off and nothing I do(except hard restart)make it turn on again...even putting it on sleep mode and turning the laptop on again
Also while Cemu is set to above high priority and something intensive happens(heavy load part of a game,or cemu freeze in some way),it is hard to even start the taskmanager and navigate to cemu to turn it off(everything barely moves,even the mouse)

RPCS3 is also very cpu dependent but is not forcing higher cpu priority over other processes and that never happen on it while clearing\playing games with total play time over 600 hours while cemu did that at least 5 times in the last two months.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No,I literally mean my laptop screen turns off and nothing I do(except hard restart)make it turn on again...even putting it on sleep mode and turning the laptop on again
Also while Cemu is set to above high priority and something intensive happens(heavy load part of a game,or cemu freeze in some way),it is hard to even start the taskmanager and navigate to cemu to turn it off(everything barely moves,even the mouse)

RPCS3 is also very cpu dependent but is not forcing higher cpu priority over other processes and that never happen on it while clearing\playing games with total play time over 600 hours while cemu did that at least 5 times in the last two months.

Have you looked into CEMU's log ? (log.txt)
What is the GPU used ? your dedicated GPU (GTX 1060) or your integrated GPU (HD 530) ?
Any errors or exceptions raised ?

EDIT : what is the version of CEMU you use ? You might try with older ones : 1.15.3 for example.

Last edited by Laf111,

vsub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is always using my nvidia card,I make sure it do that by forcing it from the nvidia control panel for cemu,and I also have a light indicator on my laptop that is blue when the intel card is used and red when the nvidia card is used

I have never seen anything useful in the console and with hard restart,I don't think something will be saved to the log

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1