Hacking Why hasn't the 3ds hack been open-sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hey I have a gateway and it's cool having all your games on one card and it works well. But we can all agree it's all software and there is no need for the gateway card it self. I asked you before why can't I run homebrew on my r4i deluxe you said I needed a gateway or wait for ssspwn so I did the only thing I could do so I could try some new homebrew

you do realise there was 2 options right? buy a gateway card OR wait for ssspwn, ssspwn will be the superior choice for people who just want homebrew, firstly its going to be free, second you don't need a 4.x console, and thirdly it will be compatible with new 3ds consoles, so you did have a choice its just that gateway was the only instant gratification route

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[citation please]

Edit: Gateway was only able to run Homebrew due to smealums's ctrulib.

Because shit gateway clone.

well gateway's ds-mode card is a clone of an r4i card so at the time who was better I did'nt know did you

you do realise there was 2 options right? buy a gateway card OR wait for ssspwn, ssspwn will be the superior choice for people who just want homebrew, firstly its going to be free, second you don't need a 4.x console, and thirdly it will be compatible with new 3ds consoles, so you did have a choice its just that gateway was the only instant gratification route
Yes I do and I have other 3ds's waiting for ssspwn I'm not bitching at you that I bought it that was my choice. But people that have clone cards and MT-card (which I don't consider a clone) felt forced to buy a gateway just for homebrew. There is not one game I play on my gateway that I couldn't play on my r4i. Also I didn't want a brick again. You know at the time of me buying the r4i deluxe no one knew about bricks or updates that would come to the gateway

Yes I do and I have other 3ds's waiting for ssspwn I'm not bitching at you that I bought it that was my choice. But people that have clone cards and MT-card (which I don't consider a clone) felt forced to buy a gateway just for homebrew. There is not one game I play on my gateway that I couldn't play on my r4i. Also I didn't want a brick again. You know at the time of me buying the r4i deluxe no one knew about bricks or updates that would come to the gateway

There is no ETA of ssspwn it could be next week or next year and I didn't want left waiting

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I will not bother with reading this whole thread but i think you have the feeling that someone owes you or anyone else stuff for free....and that's just sad and hilarious same time

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i have to comment something here...
You want as GW release their source code, but i will give to you a pleasant reality
THIS ISN'T THE PS3 SCENE
Gateway Team will do anything they want, they did the work, if they want to sell it, is their work
And, if you want so free stuff or you don't want to pay, you can always reverse engineer GW work, or do your own CFW
GW will not make their work for free, and the persons with CFW will not give their work to you
If you want that, you should do it by yourself, not wait others persons do it for you, nothing will come to you by doing that

Akantr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is not one game I play on my gateway that I couldn't play on my r4i

Umm Super Smash Bros, Pokemon X/Y, Tomadatchi Life, Fantasy Life and umm... Power Rangers. The list goes on.

Also the I was talking about the 3DS mode flashcart and the DS mode flashcart. Also r4 itself is a copy.

Tbh people, I just think this guy is a r4i deluxe owner butt-hurt he made a bad investment.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well he is obviously butthurt, either about suffering from R4 or from mommy i want this for free issues, but fear not andre, there is a perfect solution

Reactions: Deleted-236924

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's saying ''exploit with kernel access would be nice'' someone going to say ''but Kernel access also means roms on SD card'' fuck it up !! I dont give a fuck about piracy

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice, another useless thread.

If it was open sourced, all we'd see is a bunch of attention whores in white knight armors posting screenshots and videos of their rom loaders on Twitter claiming they cannot release anything because piracy. (And that would take like 10 years to happen)

I lilke it MUCH BETTER this way. We don't see any names, no Twitter or Facebook accounts.
We pay and get results.

Reactions: st4rk
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not open source "because money". If it were open source, flashcart manufacturers would be out of a business overnight. Another problem is that nobody wants to go to jail or pay a fine for the rest of their life just so that others can pirate games.

In what police state (besides the USA) would someone go to prison for releasing a backup loader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok