Hacking Why hasn't the 3ds hack been open-sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Homebrew launcher code has been open sourced for a while. END OF THREAD.

What's that? You are talking about open sourcing the 3DS ROM loading code? You filthy pirate!!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashcard and CFW scenes have always been shady....i remember bricked PSP's for someone stealing code and claiming they made it themselves....and this was free code that was still being given away for free but under someone else's name.....so i imagine things would be worse when there is money involved.....i seem to remember some sort of bricking with the PS3 scene too.....oh and the NDS scene....the scene was built on bricks

even the wii too had some bricking action, and there was a N64 game that bricked pirating devices by flashing the bios of the device if you tried to load it on it

Not even just the flashcard companies. Nintendo got in on the act with region changed Korean Wiis, but it's Nintendo, so they got a free pass for the bricking.

Shit, look no further then last week in our own backyard to the reason we can't have nice things. People expect others to do something out of the kindness of their own heart need to wake up. It's every Man/Women/Troll for themselves.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(sarcasm) Oh sure, I'll go down to my local Hack 'R' Us and get right on it. Is 6pm good for you? I sooooo want you to have your peace of mind.:glare:

(on-topic) Do you leave your front door open at night while you sleep so burglars can walk right in and steal your valuables? No? So why do you expect Gateway or ANY developer (including Nintendo) to due so? The PS3 is Not the 3DS and vice versa. Exploits don't furiously shoot out of Developer's asses on a conveyor belt ready-to-use. With new consoles come new territory so obviously what worked with "Console A" won't always work for "Console B". As for why they still charge money, "If your good at something, never do it for free". Also, the time they take to develop features isn't free you know.

Yea, compared to that other exploit we have it's so boring... oh wait...
Don't forget, Kernal access also means roms which some devs are against. Combined with the fact the we are in an era were MOBILE gaming/apps are the lucrative/appealing ventures for developers and hackers as opposed to the PSP/360 days. Some devs have simply left.
Lol, really? Fair enough but i honestly think the PS3 is about as cancerous as the 3DS scene.

Bitching, whining, piracy devices, 12 year olds who want da romz/ISOz, fanboy-ism (ODE vs free solution, remind you of some thing *cough*3DS scene*cough*) i don't think the two scenes are that different from each other :lol:
Yeah but the ode came very late in the scene and people on 4.65 are in the dark right no since sony blocked them. Then cobra has a add-on that you have to buy to have it work again. What happens to the people who have e3 or xk3y? CFW ps3 scene and ODE ps3 scene are kindof split

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit, look no further then last week in our own backyard to the reason we can't have nice things. People expect others to do something out of the kindness of their own heart need to wake up. It's every Man/Women/Troll for themselves.
And that's the reason the world is the way it is. People should help each other and that goes for everything besides this topic. Maybe that's why I got stabbed walking home 4 years ago from work because of attitude like that. Because I was trying to work instead of selling drugs to support my family

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has got out of hand mod please lock the tread. kernal access means more advanced homebrew like a N64 emu cause we would have access to everything it isn't just running backups

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And that's the reason the world is the way it is. People should help each other and that goes for everything besides this topic. Maybe that's why I got stabbed walking home 4 years ago from work because of attitude like that. Because I was trying to work instead of selling drugs to support my family

maybe you should of gave them all your money even though they didn't do any of the work themselves.....sounds like you agree with yourself being stabbed :wtf:

Akantr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This has got out of hand mod please lock the tread. kernal access means more advanced homebrew like a N64 emu cause we would have access to everything it isn't just running backups

Fuck me, we don't even have proper SNES emulation yet but once we apparently have full access (which gateway also does not provide), we will be shooting N64 emulators from our asses. Yup, while your at it andre104623, mind making a Gamecube emulator? You can't!!! Well stop feeling so self entitled.

Oh and I bought Gateway for the flash kit which costs them money to make. Oh and might I remind you that they have constantly been providing updates for us for FREE.

Case closed.

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone that said "pirate" Well that might be true and I bet everyone here has downloaded a song or a tv show or a game or movie but kernal access is key to every hacker even if they don't support pirate's they want to look at everything that means kernal access

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck me, we don't even have proper SNES emulation yet but once we apparently have full access (which gateway also does not provide), we will be shooting N64 emulators from our asses. Yup, while your at it andre104623, mind making a Gamecube emulator? You can't!!! Well stop feeling so self entitled.

Oh and I bought Gateway for the flash kit which costs them money to make. Oh and might I remind you that they have constantly been providing updates for us for FREE.

Case closed.
No I'm not saying that a emulator would take time to make I was making a point. Let's say this what if no homebrew could have sound unless you have kernal access. Oh the free updates are great maybe when 2.5b comes out and it bricks everyone's console by mistake maybe they will fix it for you. They don't care about anything but money that's why the people who sent there system to have it fix from there DRM never got them back and is also why I wait a while before updating to see how things go. Those beta updates are beta and not tested for very long

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To everyone that said "pirate" Well that might be true and I bet everyone here has downloaded a song or a tv show or a game or movie but kernal access is key to every hacker even if they don't support pirate's they want to look at everything that means kernal access

yeah but that would also be a trade off with usability and quite simply there are more users on over 4.x than on 4.x so to create a bigger "scene" you take what you can, ssspwn will open up the homebrew scene to pretty much everyone with a 3ds not just those with 4.x consoles

Reactions: andre104623

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but that would also be a trade off with usability and quite simply there are more users on over 4.x than on 4.x so to create a bigger "scene" you take what you can, ssspwn will open up the homebrew scene to pretty much everyone with a 3ds not just those with 4.x consoles
I agree and I'm been waiting for ssspwn for sometime now. I do have other 3ds's that are well over 4.5

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could get away with murder as long as they make Pokemon and Mario games, people would find an excuse for how it was justified in the grand scheme of things.

Enormously true. Nintendo fanboys are just the same as (or worse) than Gateway Fanboys.

Akantr4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why you think Gateway should just hand over their source code. The exploit they use is already known on 3dbrew and a 1.0 launcher is already available. You don't need kernel access for home-brew like emulators.

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps3 scene and 3ds scene are as different as night and day the ps3 scene is about giving and 3ds
scene is about buying

You also have to consider the 'maturity' of the scene. Ps3 scene back in the day was the same. Remember True Blue and its clones? Remember them trying to SELL scene releases exclusive for that? The 3DS scene isn't that bad but has repeated it in some aspects.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also have to consider the 'maturity' of the scene. Ps3 scene back in the day was the same. Remember True Blue and its clones? Remember them trying to SELL scene releases exclusive for that? The 3DS scene isn't that bad but has repeated it in some aspects.

Maybe it's part of the same company...

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why you think Gateway should just hand over their source code. The exploit they use is already known on 3dbrew and a 1.0 launcher is already available. You don't need kernel access for home-brew like emulators.
It's not in a usable state. And yeah you do sometimes need kernal access for more ram or cpu. Usermode is limited

andre104623

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was even better when true blue tried to DRM a 4.21 CFW then forcing the hand of devs that had the lv0 keys and releasing them. Now we have 4.21 CFW and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Sup