Hacking Why doesn't vWii work on redNAND?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell that it would 100% work, it's just good-ol' injectin non-corrupted saves.

I want to know if I can replace my vWii from redNAND with the one on sysNAND.
well, I don't know that one. I also don't know if you can somehow brick the wiiu from vWii. if not, then it's worth trying.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I want to know if I can replace my vWii from redNAND with the one on sysNAND.
NWPlayer is saying that the problem is in loading up the wii firmware because of collateral damage from the iosu exploit, as in cafe2wii doesn't work with all the memory changes we make for our rop. this is independent of the vwii nand itself, so replacing it might be possible, but the issue nwp brings up still remains.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It doesn't matter if your NAND is unlinked or not, vWii will not work in redNAND for the reason already NWPlayer mentioned.
Unlinking is not the point, formating sysNAND is.
I thought I lost all my saves after formating sysNAND, but I found out that the saves are still there in redNAND and now I can copy everything back.

And thanks for telling me about redNAND messing up cafe2wii, that means it is fixable.

yahoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I lost all my saves after formating sysNAND, but I found out that the saves are still there in redNAND and now I can copy everything back.

And thanks for telling me about redNAND messing up cafe2wii, that means it is fixable.
It's iosuhax that messes up cafe2wii, not redNAND, nor formatting sysNAND.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

I have the same problem! SysNAND formated... All my saves are still in redNAND...
How can I copy them back to SysNAND please?

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have the same problem! SysNAND formated... All my saves are still in redNAND...
How can I copy them back to SysNAND please?
Here:
I think it's under /title/00010000/{low-tid}/data/ - the save filename is different per-game.

Use FTPiiU or whatever to dump them.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
the reason it does not work is because the WiiU has two nands one for wiiu and one for vwii when you create rednand only the WiiU nand is dumped. so when you have rednand loaded all calls to nand at REDirected to the SD card so loading a vwii game the wiiu looks for the vwii nand on the SD card but as it is not on the SD card the wiiu crashes simple as that.
This is false, afaik Wii nand and Wii U nand as well as the media NAND are all dumped, there just is no redirect patching for the vWii since it's soul life is not as clear cut as Wii U's - there is almost like a physical switch when wii U boots into vWii, as the NAND chip system is stored on is 1 gig in size with two 512mb blocks that are being switched between by a pin or something as such.

It just goes down to current reboot patching, I mean even updating rednand will brick it still so.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK so I don't know what I am talking about then why does the app store have a little program called saviine that will copy saves from rednand to the PC that then can be copied back to sysnand what about FTPiiU everywhere also on the app store that can also do this?? but then again I don't even know what I am talking about according to you.

There we go, had to get you to say what the tool was called :P

Shouldn't he rather use Savegame Manager GX for the vWii?

[Edit:]
On second thought, FTPiiU everywhere is a solution, Saviine probably not.

Last edited by plyscho,

yahoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by iosuhax they probably mean https://github.com/smealum/iosuhax + forks of it, which build a custom fw.img. whereas I think the "signature patcher" doesn't use iosuhax or any fw.img.
By iosuhax, NWP means the iosu user land and iosu kernel exploits in order to take over iosu to do things such as sigpatches or loading custom firmware. These exploits write over parts of memory for ROP and cause problems for programs that need to use the parts that have been hax'd. cafe2wii is one such program. we would need a different implementation of the iosu exploits in order for cafe2wii to have all the pieces of iosu it needs intact to function properly.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool