Hacking Why doesnt Starfall block updates for me?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
It's not that big a deal because I just brickblock my games, but why doesn't it block updates despite everything being installed, except for that thing for no music and that one other unimportant feature forgot what it was atm.

Could it have something to with me having a WiiKey?

Edit: Sorry, mods move this to Wii Havking didn't realize i had both forums open.
sorry

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
Is it possible that you installed stuff AFTER installing starfall? Something may have overwritten the changes made by starfall. Try reinstalling starfall or else use the new softMii/preloader thing that also does this

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh got it moved. I was wondering about it when i saw the PSP icon and the Startfall in the title. Thought i missed a new PSP hack
biggrin.gif

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for moving it

and I tried reinstalling starfall, it didn't do anything.
All other starfall features work, the rescue menu, NTSC Channels work fine

Ever since I first installed Starfall the feature didn't work, then I updated my WiiKey to 1.9s and reinstalled Starfall but it still doesn't work even though Starfall is the last thing I installed.

Well I don't mind, brickblocking my games and converting them to PAL or running them through GeckoOS/Gamma is not a problem for me, I just want to be safe and have updates blocked at all times that's all so if anyone has any ideas please post them.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. This topic is number 133723

Anyways, Starfall should be working. Try ARCm5, that should do it. It'll overwrite every other hack and cIOS though.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puma said:

Anyways, Starfall should be working. Try ARCm5, that should do it. It'll overwrite every other hack and cIOS though.

I'm not sure what ARCm5 is and I'm not to keen on trying new things with my Wii.
If I run whatever that is am I still going to have cIOS36 rev07, IOS38 and all that stuff?

Guess I should just stick to brickblocking my games for now cause I don't want to mess with my wii too much

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
Puma said:

I'm not sure what ARCm5 is and I'm not to keen on trying new things with my Wii.
If I run whatever that is am I still going to have cIOS36 rev07, IOS38 and all that stuff?

Guess I should just stick to brickblocking my games for now cause I don't want to mess with my wii too much
AnyregionChanger Mod 5. It reverts you to 3.2 (all original IOS's) and patches them to include Starfall-ish updates.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, thanks but I think I'll steer clear of it since I already have 3.2e and everything.

Now this is important, should I give that WiiKey setup disc or whatever it was called a try to enable update blocking through my WiiKey even though I have starfall installed or should I just leave this all as is and not mess with stuff lol

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you already have 3.2, still do it. Overwriting a 3.2 with another 3.2 won't cause any harm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D