Why does SmashBros and MH4U cause reboot?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WeedZ, Jun 13, 2015.

1. WeedZ
    OP

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    Ok, so I'm using gateway, emunand 9.7, sysnand is 9.2 o3ds. I run a .3ds of smash and cia of MH. How come when I close these games it kicks me back to sysnand. Any way to stop this?

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    search, not a new question at all :) but they need extra ram.
    exit to the camera app instead of closing the game and you will stay in gw mode

Zidapi and WeedZ like this.
  3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Because they are using extra ram. The 3ds frees the ram by resetting the console.

You can just launch another game then quit that game so it doesn't kick you back to sysnand.

Edit::ninja::ninja:

WeedZ likes this.
  4. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Didn't someone create a blank app that opens faster than the camera one for this reason?

WeedZ likes this.
  5. WeedZ
    OP

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    The State of Denial
    I see. I started opening other games to avoid getting kicked, but I was worried it would screw something. The camera is a good idea, or if someone knows where this blank app is. But does that still free the ram after the software is closed?

Sorry for reposting a solved issue. I haven't seen any threads with a solution.

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I imagine any game that requires the 3DS to reboot into high resource mode, or whatever you want to call it, would cause problems with the EmuNAND or any temporary mods.

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    You have multiple options to prevent a reboot out of emuNAND after playing MH/Smash:

1. Launching the Health/Safety app or some other game (requires that you then press home + X to quit it)
    2. https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-quick-reboot-cfw-gateway-ninjhax.379101/ (requires that you hold L not to force an entire console reboot)
    3. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-smash-bros-monster-hunter-4-rebooter.379394/ (requires no button presses at all, it just closes the instant it opens)
    4. Get a New 3DS so you don't have to deal with being booted out of emuNAND altogether after playing Smash/MH (these consoles do not get rebooted due to the extra RAM they have).

Zidapi and RainThunder like this.
  8. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    its been explained many times before, these games require more 3ds ram then other games. On a O3ds its all the ram and because all the ram is used on that game the O3ds must reboot to clear it.
    The N3ds has double the ram of a O3ds so a N3ds no longer uses extended memory mode and does not reboot for any games

9. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Do you know why my Smash bros game reboots the 3DS when I launch it? And not when I exit the game?? (Rxtools sign patched)
    I can't play the game :/