Gaming Why Does Nintendo Complain?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is a thread complaining about how short SM3DL is disguised as a thread about how Nintendo complained about its sales? I can't find a single news post that says Nintendo are disappointed with the sales. Considering that it is the first 3DS game to sell 5m copies, I imagine they can only be happy with the success.

Yes, the levels are short and the game is easy, but it's still a thoroughly enjoyable game. If you want to stretch it out a bit, set yourself some challenges like getting the fastest possible time in all the levels (or repeatedly hitting Toad 3 times with the same boomerang :wink:). There are already many threads you can discuss this in, one of which was created last week and is currently further down this forum's first page of threads.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea thats why I usually stay 1 gen behind everyone else just cause its easier to pirate when your living in a country that gaming companies ignore you and when they don't you get next to nothing anyway.
Didn't your country's judicial system declare modchips and flashcarts to be legal several years ago? Don't get me wrong, I agree with that ... but from the gaming industry's perspective, there's not much incentive for them to put your market in the front of the line when the goodies are passed out.
They did? Since when did they declare that?
I'm not gonna go into the whole "piracy vs profits" thing since it'll derail the thread even more but i'm 1 person and there are alot of people here that is willing to pay for stuff. Its just its hard since everything here is over priced which makes people either pirate or import. I do both but i'm just saying.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australia's_High_Court_rules_mod-chips_are_legal

something funky with the hyperlink there but if you go to the actual url I pasted instead of where it leads to, the story is there. also, this one ...

http://news.bbc.co.u...ogy/4315172.stm
Huh, well what do you know, I didn't know that but I don't know if that applies to today with flashcards and so forth.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you could guess that they would argue for flashcards to be legal too, based on the modchip verdict, and nintendo just isnt interested in paying legal fees to have that announced.

but anyway, i do remember them being unhappy with the launchsales (at launch price) too, but nothing recently. so whats this thread even about?

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
you could guess that they would argue for flashcards to be legal too, based on the modchip verdict, and nintendo just isnt interested in paying legal fees to have that announced.
Actually didn't nintendo go after that guy who got the Super Mario land or Super mario or something on Wii all those years ago?

gshock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People shouldn't call money greedy so long as we live in a society where you need money just to live or survive never mind any standard/quality of living at all and where you can and will be treated like dirt, thrown onto the street and potentially end your life there very easily, if you don't have enough of it for society to keep pretending that you are worth something to it / at all.

edit: oh and I still haven't seen OP back up his claim that Nintendo is complaining about poor sales.
Why is a thread complaining about how short SM3DL is disguised as a thread about how Nintendo complained about its sales?
[...] nothing recently. so whats this thread even about?
+1 x3

Reactions: 1 person

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
making money is different to wanting alot more money and doing stupid things to ensure you get that extra money even if you don't deserve it

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Simple answer: greed.

The Name of the game is to make money is not greed ok Alice hora hora hora
Nintendo would profit even if you imported so the region lock is there not for profit but just to make sure they can control how much they charge in each country and living in a country where a 3DS game is $60AUD ($58USD) this isn't being greedy at all but a nice marketing strategy especially when looking at what a US 3DS costs. So if your living in Australia then its greedy otherwise its profit since everywhere else is reasonably priced.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Nintendo would profit even if you imported so the region lock is there not for profit but just to make sure they can control how much they charge in each country and living in a country where a 3DS game is $60AUD ($58USD) this isn't being greedy at all but a nice marketing strategy especially when looking at what a US 3DS costs. So if your living in Australia then its greedy otherwise its profit since everywhere else is reasonably priced.
A 3DS game in most European stores costs 45€(60$) to 50€(66$), while in UK the games are cheaper, in the European countries that use the €, the price is pretty close to what the example prices I gave.
Where have you been living?
It's not Nintendo that gives us the shit end, it's gaming in general.
Oh and most of us make more money than the Americans that aren't filthy rich.

I kinda meant for me since I used to be a nintendo fanboy until things started to get so bloody boring and yea your right gaming in general treats us like shit.
Not gonna argue that dude, I import alot of my stuff now since its so much cheaper buying from the US.

It's kinda like Europe, however Nintendo at least has been really supportive with Europe this last year, and most games on the 3DS being localised here is pretty good already.
And from what I've been reading from Australians, it's not just Nintendo that has 'problems' so to say in Australia, but the others as well.
Yea thats why I usually stay 1 gen behind everyone else just cause its easier to pirate when your living in a country that gaming companies ignore you and when they don't you get next to nothing anyway.
Blame your government, not nintendo.
It's not the government, it's that there weren't that many publishers here to begin with, however Nintendo, at least, has been doing a lot to bring more games to Europe, the fact that the release list beetween the USA and Europe on the Nintendo 3DS isn't that different, kinda points to it (only big tittle that Europe didn't really get was SMT Overclocked, and that's because there's no official Atlus in Europe).
The government in most countries of Europe is pretty open regarding games, although Australia does have game ratings way too exagerated, which causes in some games actually being banned there from what I recall reading, but that isn't the case for Europe.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

A 3DS game in most European stores costs 45€(60$) to 50€(66$), while in UK the games are cheaper, in the European countries that use the €, the price is pretty close to what the example prices I gave.
Wow, that still kinda sucks. Still atleast us in AUS can import from the UK even if it isn't much cheaper but there is more games I think.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm blaming the companies more than the government but if you want a list then retailers and the general social idea of gaming is on that as well but whatever.The main reason i'm angry and blaming nintendo is because of the region lock.
Huh, your games are from the PAL region, so European ones work. And Nintendo's been releasing a LOT of major exclusives for Europe lately (Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade's EU-only release at first), so you can't really say that they've been mistreating you Aussies.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Wow, that still kinda sucks. Still atleast us in AUS can import from the UK even if it isn't much cheaper but there is more games I think.
Well, if you import from the UK you can save a bit (I do it myself most of the time) and I'm pretty sure the region lock was mainly against piracy, and so that some people wouldn't be buying games from Hong Kong for their american or european 3DS's when the games there are too cheap compared with the other countries.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm blaming the companies more than the government but if you want a list then retailers and the general social idea of gaming is on that as well but whatever.The main reason i'm angry and blaming nintendo is because of the region lock.
Huh, your games are from the PAL region, so European ones work. And Nintendo's been releasing a LOT of major exclusives for Europe lately (Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade's EU-only release at first), so you can't really say that they've been mistreating you Aussies.
I'm aware that us in Australia can import from Europe but thats just it the only way we can get good games is if we import anyway so nintendo is just being nicer to Europe not Australia.

Well, if you import from the UK you can save a bit (I do it myself most of the time) and I'm pretty sure the region lock was mainly against piracy, and so that some people wouldn't be buying games from Hong Kong for their american or european 3DS's when the games there are too cheap compared with the other countries.
Yea if I do buy a game that isn't from Japan then I usually do import from the UK but it would be nice to not have that hassle because your being over charged in your own country and I don't get that because no matter where you buy nintendo profits anyway so I hardly understand why does it matter if you import from HK or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...