Hacking Why Does Everyone Hate On SX OS?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could eat the slime off rocks to survive but, I'd rather spend money that I earned, on a hot dog. This should not affect any one else in any way unless, you don't have money for a hot dog and are envious and spiteful. Why do people hate on the ones that can afford a hot dog? You should be happy with your slime, some people don't even have slime. I worked hard for it and, if I want to blow my money on a hot dog that's my business. We don't need to hear anymore endless preaching page after page.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
End users have nothing to be jealous of. Also nothing else comes close? Using .NSP takes ONE EXTRA STEP, it's that so hard? Really? Also no one is spreading FUD, everything mentioned here before has been proven. But of course you TX fanboys prefer to disregard those evidence and just say it's FUD because you really have no arguments to counter

First, you should stop calling satisfied customers fanboys, there is a big difference. People wouldn't praise the TX products, if there were comparable alternatives, but there aren't.

Secondly, you should think about why it is so important to you to read such threads for hours to hate on a certain product that has no meaning in your life. Unless... oh boy... IT ACTUALLY HAS A MEANING IN YOUR LIFE, otherwise there would be no incentive for you to waste all that energy on something that insignificant. So the conclusion is, you're either a fanboy of a competitor product (which is silly, because there really is no competition worth mentioning), or you have serious issues with yourself. It's probably a mix of both.

It's quite simple to retrace the logic of the SX Pro owners, that are arguing in favor of the product. They own the product, they are satisfied, and they raise the voice if they feel that injustice is done towards that product. It's human nature. But to declaim against something that is literally not a part of your life just for the sole purpose of doing so, is just sick.

But let's get back to the actualy product. NO, there is nothing there that is more convenient than SX Pro. Not even close. With SX Pro you get a tiny little, neat USB-C dongle, that you can literally fit anywhere. You also get a nice, continuously updated OS that will let you play backups (.nsp and .XCI) and homebrew on your Switch in a twinkling of an eye. As already mentioned, there is nothing comparable.

And please, don't even mention your android phone to use the payload, or the Chinese bricks that were designed to stamp someones head in. If you think that it's a more convenient solution, then I really have a bad news for you (and your parents).

Nonetheless, I am happy that there are free solutions to play backups or use homebrew on your Switch. If you're a kid and 30$ is just too much for you to obtain the SX Pro, or you never leave your home with the Switch in your pocket, and your PC is constantly on to load the payload, then that's ok. It's the least comfortable solution, but if your time is worthless (as it seems), then that may be good enough for you.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The entire politics of the situation makes no sense. We are on a board that *Cough* talk indirectly about piracy, but we do it with class. Many hide behind the "I'm just here for homebrew reason." SX made it simple to play whatever game you want without using a handful of free alternative methods just to get a single game working, at the same time not realizing what is being submitted and logged to N. I payed $35 for a license and $16 for knockoff payload loader, haven't been more happily. For God's sake you have people still on firmware below 4.0 waiting for a coldboot method and not even using their Switches. Now the issue if they stole code or not could be a good enough reason to hate on them for many folks. Hell if I know, its like a drug dealer giving out free drugs and that dealer getting mad because somebody decided to sell their free drugs.

Last edited by solitaire4eva,
Reactions: tpax and Mr. Wizard

YeetedOn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like who gives a damn about TX. If people buy it, use it and enjoy it then that's good for them. As of now it probably IS the best option available to the end users.
Who I mean by the "end users" are the people who don't really care about the whole hacking scene, but want to play backups. Plug and play, it's simple and it sounds pretty good.

What I don't appreciate is the attitude of the so-called TX fanboys. They treat themselves as some sort of superior beings by the fact that they paid 30$ to get their dongles and licenses, while the ones who use other alternatives - as the poor plebian fucks who can't pay 30$ for shit.
The point is, I do not feel the necessity to pay for SX OS. Sure I can - but why? Everything that it does is possible on most alternate CFWs right now (except the XCI thing which again, I do not give a damn about), I do not carry my switch every single time I go out because I guess I am not a "real gamer", and more importantly, I know what I am doing. If my switch bricks I will figure out myself how to fix it - I won't be blindly creating another useless thread with the phrase of "please help fix bricc".

drfunkenstein2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG THIS IS HILARIOUS!

Here is the simple version!

They make stuff to help you pirate video games FOR MONEY!
Some people do this stuff for the LuLz. For fun, FOR FREE, to make a better community.
they create software to help you pirate your games "OOOPS i mean run homebrew and the same 30 year old emulators"
Then TX may or may not come and steal your code and make lots of money!!! :D :D :D
Its like a bad Pirates of the Caribbean.
an unspoken rule among "pirates"
dont steal our stuff !!! boo hoo
a crack head... smokes crack
a pirate.... will steal your $h!t

CHEERS to the DRAMA! CHEERS to the PIRATES!
If its not Free its dumb!
FREEDUMB!

Reactions: Baoulettes

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont hate SX OS or TX shills and fanboy and I would seriously rather support community driven projects but I always go for noob & user friendly methods even if that means it's paid for a few reasons. The TX fanboys shills groups and anti-shill haters force on here are getting out of control though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its like a bad Pirates of the Caribbean.
an unspoken rule among "pirates"
dont steal our stuff !!! boo hoo
a crack head... smokes crack
a pirate.... will steal your $h!t
lmao:rofl2:

Last edited by mesakagi,

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thats the new generation,they want all things for free and speak here at this forum about steeling where here its all about emulators-cheats-install cfw-piracy-ect....
Even install homebrew or cfw is illegal,your not allowed by nintendo,as simple as that cause you can't without using an exploit.
It was in the past with modchips and its now with cfw and other solutions,its nothing new.

Last edited by fille,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the thing is. The team is introducing broken and unfinished features and claiming they're "perfectly fine". EmuNAND gets you instantly banned, FTP support is still crap (despite a version revision claiming to upgrade speeds), They haven't acknowledged any major issues with the OS since 1.3 (if you don't count the disaster that was 6.0 support for SX OS). And the team is outright stealing code and claiming it as their own. Don't you think that we should be getting better for the money you and I spent?

Reactions: mesakagi

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
But the thing is. The team is introducing broken and unfinished features and claiming they're "perfectly fine". EmuNAND gets you instantly banned, FTP support is still crap (despite a version revision claiming to upgrade speeds), They haven't acknowledged any major issues with the OS since 1.3 (if you don't count the disaster that was 6.0 support for SX OS). And the team is outright stealing code and claiming it as their own. Don't you think that we should be getting better for the money you and I spent?
Everything's working fine for me, so very happy with the money I spent :)

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it because you only use it for """""backups"""""?
Emunand gets you instantly banned? Nope, FTP is fine, and they acknowledged that 6.0 was broken and it was fixed within 24 hours? And no, piracy, not backups. But that was the only thing SXOS did that couldn't be done already, so what did you buy it for? Homebrew? Bull shit. If you even purchased.

Last edited by Soluble,
Reactions: vpd

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all no one is jealous. Second of all it was proven they did burn fuses, look up some of the old threads on that subject.

You'll have to point me to where TX burn fuses. Because all I've found is they didn't stop Nintendo burning the fuses.

Third of all you most certainly CAN load .XCI for free. Sure the app is still in a WIP state and not every game is compatible but you can.

Can you point me to a free app that can load XCI for free. All I've found is an app that lets you convert XCI to NSP and install them, which is not the same.

People hate on them because of all the reasons already stated here before. Jealousy is not among them. After all, what would an end user have to be jealous of?

There is certainly something going on which prevents you from being objective. Whether it's jealousy that they are making money or features that aren't available for free.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emunand gets you instantly banned? Nope, FTP is fine, and they acknowledged that 6.0 was broken and it was fixed within 24 hours? And no, piracy, not backups. But that was the only thing SXOS did that couldn't be done already, so what did you buy it for? Homebrew? Bull shit. If you even purchased.
Yes EmuNAND gets you instantly banned since 6.0 has NAND checks. FTP support was complete crap when it was introduced and have only made the speeds slightly better on SX OS 1.6! 6.0 was never fixed. Even 2.0 runs like crap on 6.0! And even then they got most of the fixes for web applets from the public and gave no credit. And that's why I was putting """""backups"""" in quotations. Because I know it's piracy but some SX OS users deny they use it to pirate. Yes I bought it for piracy but also I got into homebrew and other useful applications with SX OS. And yes I did buy SX OS (with an SX Pro mind you) thank you very much.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran

Is there any other option? disregarding the fact that they steal code (if they do), what else is having a negative effect on me as a end user? I bought mine, plugged it in, in less than 15 minutes I was up and running. They have nice jig to use, a payload injector that can be used without the need for PC/Mobile. I have not idea about the disaster 6.0 support, I just know that I updated and everything works fine. FPT is crap? I have no idea. I used it, it works but it was slow so I just decided to copy to SD, is that the reason it is crap?

And about Emunand getting people banned. I have only been here for like a week and what I have heard that everything gets you banned no matter what. Are any examples of people using Emunand and getting instantly banned? No, I have not seen any. But that does not stop you from saying it, and 10 more people from repeating it.
Again I have to make honorable mention of people who steal accusing others of stealing from them...only on gbatemp ladies and gentlemen! This is all a circle jerk, someone who we can never know if legit, says TX steals code and everyone here starts repeating it, after a while it becomes a fact.

Last edited by aiat_gamer,

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes EmuNAND gets you instantly banned since 6.0 has NAND checks. FTP support was complete crap when it was introduced and have only made the speeds slightly better on SX OS 1.6! 6.0 was never fixed. Even 2.0 runs like crap on 6.0! And even then they got most of the fixes for web applets from the public and gave no credit. And that's why I was putting """""backups"""" in quotations. Because I know it's piracy but some SX OS users deny they use it to pirate. Yes I bought it for piracy but also I got into homebrew and other useful applications with SX OS. And yes I did buy SX OS (with an SX Pro mind you) thank you very much.
Cool, is there a confirmation of any single person getting banned for TXs version of emunand? No?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: