trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Why do you pirate?
As a hobby mainly

-Why do you call the game "Backups" when they are clearly pirated and not of your own creation?
Most sites prefer you use this term

-If you want to try a game, why don't you borrow it/rent it/watch videos on youtube instead of pirating it?
Cost. Videos dont tell you how good a game is.

-How do you justify ripping the game companies off?
I buy any game i will play to finish. Its not like i sell copies of games. The companies are not losing money from me. In fact i have more systems then i would if i didnt pirate.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Razor29 said:
Ill give you the best reason and i have a couple

i have been gaming since the nes days and i can tell you that once you hack a device and take away the value of game it takes away from the game

it sounds like BS but you are much more pushed to finish a game you own then a game u downloaded
Agree with you on that.

Anyway i dont "pirate" all game, iv bought the good ones and the ones that deserve my money like Mario Kart, MP3, SSBB, Zelda and some other 3rd party games. I dont loose any sleep over it
smile.gif

"Why do you call the game "Backups" when they are clearly pirated and not of your own creation?"
I dont.

How do you justify ripping the game companies off?
Why make the rich richer?

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll say this I download games because I personally don't live around many video game stores. Wal-Mart has a bad selection of games. So that's my sole reasoning also I'm poor and can barely afford gas. I decided to go back college so quit a descent paying job at the time when I bought my Wii. So that's the reasoning I have. I know it doesn't make it right or wrong depending how you view it. Take it with a grain of salt

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason I should add -

It's not easy to play Japanese games. You need to make the console region free somehow and then find a retailer that will sell the Japanese game. With shipping, markup and exchange rate factored in the import game can be EXTREMELY expensive.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Translucentbill said:
rokumanxes said:
I pirate games because they're too expensive, and too many times lately, I've noticed that the games are just awful.

If I pirate a bad game, then the company will not make money.
Good. I don't care. It's what they get for releasing this garbage.
If I pirate a good game, I will eventually buy an actual copy as I do like owning the original.

Renting? Ha. Robbery. Most of these renting services are outrageously expensive,
and sometimes the games don't even work properly. It's a shame.
Watch videos? This almost never is of any aide, because videos can be horribly one-sided
by the user. "This game is AMAZING!" "Best game EVER." And, it's a real piece of you know what I'm getting at. Trailers... They're just as unreliable. Except they are even MORE one-sided, because
they come from the producer/developer/company.

I don't call anything a backup that isn't one.
If I have a cold, pirated game, it's just a copy to me.

You shouldn't make such arrogant accusations that make you look like such an imbecile.
Just because you, personally have not met a pirate that does pay for good games,
does not mean you should be a fool and act like you're above anyone at all.
You're one post away from being Satan here, on a forum on the internet, so I'm just going
to assume that you're pretty socially inept anyway, and you probably only know a few people "IRL."

The only good games coming are from NINTENDO itself.
The Wii, once again is getting shit 3rd party support, and everyone thinks that it's so necessary to
release a port of an okay game with new "Motion control schemes" and a new mode. If that.
It's pathetic. The Wii has almost nothing but shovelware, and if these developers want to make money, they need to start putting forth some effort into making good games, because these minigames, and shitty remakes are NOT cutting it.

The death of Nintendo?
(Not mentioned here, but...)
HA! My ass. That will not happen. If it were to EVER happen, it would NOT be soon.
Nintendo has enough money to own everything and I don't think they'll ever need to worry
too badly about going under. If the Wii itself were to die?
Nintendo would cut its losses and hurry to release their NEXT gen console that they're already
working on. They'd probably speed up production and make it near God-like. It'll probably be basically... the PS3 + The goodness of Nintendo.

No one should worry that Nintendo or the Wii is going to die.
This ain't no Dreamcrashed.

Why do I pirate? I hate WASTING money.
I don't hate spending it on something that is of value.

Very well put!
wink2.gif

(and for once...yes i did read the ENTIRE post!
biggrin.gif
)

QUOTE(Panzer Tacticer @ Sep 18 2008, 04:04 PM) Ya know there are guys out there that design and develope programs to fight theiving bastards that pirate eh.

Think of their poor families!!

Steal something today, give those under appreciated programmers something to do. They have bills to pay as well.

Hey, they still get paid what they would, when someone pirates a game they take from the company not the employees.

Alot of what you say is true. but.. 3rd party games like No More Heroes?? A good game, but nobody buys it. Will they release a sequel? No..due to lack of sales. Remember, companies also go bankrupt too, it is not always about the employees. Look at Looking Glass Studios or Ironlore for the PC.

There are game sales. I've picked up some games cheaply on the Wii. Everyone knows pirates exist, yes I pirate too. but..I try and balance it though, I try and buy the best ones to promote sales of the games.

I can understand how teenagers don't have the money for games, they are expensive. Are games more expensive though? I remember the Super Nintendo games being in excess of GBP40.00 to GBP75.00 per cartridge game. I sold my Super Nintendo because the games were too expensive, later I bought another when I was older. I helped fund the Super Nintendo by trading my games for others, it reduced the initial cost. Then again, I dropped the Nintendo 64 for the same reason, the games were too expensive. About GBP50.00 here in the U.K.

By looking through sales though I managed to get Wii Trauma Centre for GBP11.00 - A good price for nowadays.

I think people first turn to piracy when a game screws them over. There is nothing worse than paying top dollar for a game and finding it to be crap.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, the backup loader is crap.

Second, why buy a game when I can just get it for free? I like to keep my money for important stuff.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Giga_Gaia said:
First, the backup loader is crap.

Second, why buy a game when I can just get it for free? I like to keep my money for important stuff.

True. It is alot easier to get something for nothing than to pay for it. But I look at games this way.. I want to promote that type of game and stop some(if any) of the shovelware appearing on the shelves. Money is important, and finances can stop even the hardened gamer from buying.

I think No More Heroes is a classic example. I remember I judged this game very quickly before the reviews, but later took the time to read up on the game and its' reviews. I actually bought the game, which I am glad; as it promotes a more mature side of the wii and being also a good game. Without sales, who will buy? I am not critising anyone, just casting my view.

I like things for nothing, who doesn't; but sometimes I think it is worth spending money on something which will give you hours/weeks/months of enjoyment.

There is a saying 'A game worth playing is a game worth buying'.

Well... I disagree with that statement... but game promotion is important.

Also true, investment.. Games are worth quite alot of money if kept in mint condition.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
-Why do you pirate?
-Why do you call the game "Backups" when they are clearly pirated and not of your own creation?
-If you want to try a game, why don't you borrow it/rent it/watch videos on youtube instead of pirating it?
-How do you justify ripping the game companies off?

- To save money
- I dont do that
- I dont feel like spending money on a game by just playing it for a few hours or even minutes. And its not the same watching the game on a video then just playing it.
- I only pirate ds games and most of them suck so the game companies should just make em better. I always feel like I am the one getting ripped off when I accuatly purchuse a ds game so I wanna get them back lol

QUOTEI can't afford games.
1 If you can't afford games, how did you pay for the system/modchip/dvds/bandwidth required to be a pirate?
2 The games all suck.
3 So why do you keep downloading them? Sell you wii and move on.
4 Nintendo charges too much.
5 They have to make up for pirates and they have to pay the bills. Games cost millions to make and advertise. Support them by paying them.
6 If I bought the game, I would not get my moneys worth out of it.
7 Then buy a PS2 and get some cheap games.

Sorry I didnt see that.

1 Well I got my ds for my birthday, bought a 30 dollar 1 gigabyte n-card.
2Yea the games all suck but Iam the one who decides that.
3And Iam not going to sell my wii or ds because there are some great games for the system that come around once in a while.
4 Nah, Nintendo is the cheapest.
5 Iam only worried about myself
6 Thats true
7 no thanks

Loginer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anyone's written this yet, but...

If you think pirated games are more boring than bought ones, you're doing it wrong. You have to restrict yourself to playing up to 3 or so games at a time.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I pay for everything on my Xbox 360 (I currently own 9 Retail games and 30+ Xbox Live Arcade games). I don't know 100% why, but I give Nintendo the short end of the stick by downloading both Wii ISO's & Wads and DS Roms. DS roms I'd say are mostly due to convenience. It's just so easy to download them, and it's nice to organize everything on one convenient cart. Also my DS gets very little play time, only on some work breaks, when traveling and rare occasions at home when bored of everything else. For the Wii... I guess I'm one of those who say there's enough OK titles that I want to try, but only few rare titles that I'd purchase. But now because the modding was done, I just end up downloading everything.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
-Why do you pirate? I pirate because I would not be able to buy the 70 good games I have on my cyclo. given that, I would never be able to play them without pirating.

-Why do you call the game "Backups" when they are clearly pirated and not of your own creation? We call them backups toi keep the mods happy. I we release a "pirated game loader", the mods would be pissed,so it is a "backup loader."

-If you want to try a game, why don't you borrow it/rent it/watch videos on youtube instead of pirating it? I don't just wan't to try them out. others just want to use it as an excuse.

-How do you justify ripping the game companies off? I dunno. nintendo is a multi billion dollar company and my little downloads won't effect them much. also, I couyld line a book shelf with everything I've bought from the big N, which is more that many non pirates, so I feel I've payed my share.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirate because my dad doesn't buy me shit unless I have straight friggin' A's (which I don't and never will have), and even then it's rare for him to buy me games. I was lucky enough to even get the Wii in the first place.

I'm too young to have a job, so I have ZERO moneez. I've never had over $100 to my name at one time.
ohmy.gif

So yeah, pirating FTW. Now I can be like all the cool kids on the block with like 15 games!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to