Gaming Why do you pirate?

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree with companies get the better of you when you buy crap, because it's your fault if you decide to waste a bunch of money on something you don't even know about. I extensively read reviews, yet still $150+ tax for just 3 Wii games that I got only 20 hours of playtime from two (SMG and MP3) ultimately makes me still feel cheated. My point is, barely any games are really worth the cost, and maybe I wouldn't have considered pirating stuff like DS games if they were cheaper; I haven't pirated Wii games yet, but nowadays, $40 US is a LOT for stuff like DS.
I never thought of pirating PS2 because games on it are WORTHWHILE, unlike the Wii. FFX for $10 for example, I could get 3 playthroughs out of it in a month and still enjoy it, while many Wii games are too easy to have any good replay value. Let's see here...if I can get over 50 hours out of any PS2 game I play that's 10$ x 50 hours x 5 games = 250 hours for $50, while I get around 20 out of SMG...so PS2 games, mainly RPGs (mostly what I play), may have 12.5 times the value, which is pretty good.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why do I pirate? Why do you live? Too lazy to buy games, and I don't have that kind of money to buy a new game whenever they come out. Who wants to know why the economy in America is crap right now? Pirating
tongue.gif

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonicslasher said:
I ain't gonna sugarcoat it! Piracy is stealing, I'm a pirate, so sue me
tongue.gif

Why have a law with no punishment? Do you really think I would steal if I knew that the chances of me getting caught were high? "Right" and "Wrong" are local, and varies from human to human.

Want morals?
Pickup a religion.

I'd say you're more moral than the people who try to rationalize away their crime.

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Games are frigging expensive. I would love to buy about 4 games from the 40+ I pirated, but that would end costing a hell amount of money, enough to buy computer upgrades and pirate moor pc games or play emulators (with, hell, pirated roms?!)

I actually own about 6 PC Games (All Blizzard, heh), 4 SNES Games and 4 N64 Games.
Pirated amount: incountable. How many of those are good? Few!

Who I blame for pirating? Taxes from govern. WTH is with 100% more expensive games just from taxes/similar? Both for consoles and games, but not too much for console. I even saw a ps3 cheaper than a wii once. Made my eyes hurt.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I pirate for the sake of not wanting to waste my money, I supported Nintendo through SNES, N64 and Gamecube, I had roughly 20 original GameBoy games, a couple of GB Color games floating about, then moved on to owning GBA and DS games then i Met a man called Piracy, he told me "why pay for games that other willing people give to you for free" I feel sorry for the companies that lose money... oh wait hold up no I don't If a game is worth owning then you will own it, but be truthful out of the 30 good games i have on my N64 that are original, I have only a handful of Wii games, others are considered as "meh" pointless maybe complete games but Iwould only lose money for a pile of crap.. to me piracy is the answer to money saving problems while recieving even more enjoyment because it is FREE.. think what you want but to Pirate is to live a little less money observant.. ask Johnny Depp he a big time pirate, check his locker out and you find more bootleg DVDs then the local chap selling them at your nearest pub...

sconethief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saying but i believe if i understood correctly lending/borrowing games would be illegal because whoever you got it from has the right to own it and you don't
tongue.gif

I've pirated two games... professor layton and the curious village. i played the first level/part/thing and deleted it and MHP2g for the psp because i can't get it by any other means (my parent's don't trust play asia/ebay){i probably could find a way to get someone to get it for me but... no}
I know it's illigal and i start to freak out while downloading something illegally.... i prefer to stick with homebrew anyway.. it's usually better D: I used to own like 15 DS games and i own at least 50+ xbox/xbox 360 games, about 10 wii games, 50= CPU games, 15+ psp games, about 20 GBA games, and a couple gbc games
tongue.gif
But i'm not saying i'm better than all yalls but from what I understand my family is pretty rich D:. I have all that and my parent's are paying for four boys to go to catholic schools >.>

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
because i can, why sit around when you can play a game, why buy that game when you can can get it for free.

i don't care about the game companies because i don't have a "conscience", i'm a selfish bastard and the only time i will act like a human is when around friends, hell i'd steal from my grandma if i had the chance and i'm not ashamed of it. that's just who i am and i can accept that, can you?

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy playing video games, listening to music, watching videos, and using software
I don't have money.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirate games because they're too expensive, and too many times lately, I've noticed that the games are just awful.

If I pirate a bad game, then the company will not make money.
Good. I don't care. It's what they get for releasing this garbage.
If I pirate a good game, I will eventually buy an actual copy as I do like owning the original.

Renting? Ha. Robbery. Most of these renting services are outrageously expensive,
and sometimes the games don't even work properly. It's a shame.
Watch videos? This almost never is of any aide, because videos can be horribly one-sided
by the user. "This game is AMAZING!" "Best game EVER." And, it's a real piece of you know what I'm getting at. Trailers... They're just as unreliable. Except they are even MORE one-sided, because
they come from the producer/developer/company.

I don't call anything a backup that isn't one.
If I have a cold, pirated game, it's just a copy to me.

You shouldn't make such arrogant accusations that make you look like such an imbecile.
Just because you, personally have not met a pirate that does pay for good games,
does not mean you should be a fool and act like you're above anyone at all.
You're one post away from being Satan here, on a forum on the internet, so I'm just going
to assume that you're pretty socially inept anyway, and you probably only know a few people "IRL."

The only good games coming are from NINTENDO itself.
The Wii, once again is getting shit 3rd party support, and everyone thinks that it's so necessary to
release a port of an okay game with new "Motion control schemes" and a new mode. If that.
It's pathetic. The Wii has almost nothing but shovelware, and if these developers want to make money, they need to start putting forth some effort into making good games, because these minigames, and shitty remakes are NOT cutting it.

The death of Nintendo?
(Not mentioned here, but...)
HA! My ass. That will not happen. If it were to EVER happen, it would NOT be soon.
Nintendo has enough money to own everything and I don't think they'll ever need to worry
too badly about going under. If the Wii itself were to die?
Nintendo would cut its losses and hurry to release their NEXT gen console that they're already
working on. They'd probably speed up production and make it near God-like. It'll probably be basically... the PS3 + The goodness of Nintendo.

No one should worry that Nintendo or the Wii is going to die.
This ain't no Dreamcrashed.

Why do I pirate? I hate WASTING money.
I don't hate spending it on something that is of value.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pirate because humans naturally are cheap. If we can save hundred of dollars on video game then we do that unless you don't play a lot of video games and like to support the companies or just like owning the physical box
biggrin.gif

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do it for all the other priates,...

And I only had enuff money for the modchip after I bought my system, so....after that I was broke!

Then 2 weeks later I scraped up enuff money for blank DVD-R's, it was alot cheaper than buying a 50 dollar game.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya know there are guys out there that design and develope programs to fight theiving bastards that pirate eh.

Think of their poor families!!

Steal something today, give those under appreciated programmers something to do. They have bills to pay as well.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
rokumanxes said:
I pirate games because they're too expensive, and too many times lately, I've noticed that the games are just awful.

If I pirate a bad game, then the company will not make money.
Good. I don't care. It's what they get for releasing this garbage.
If I pirate a good game, I will eventually buy an actual copy as I do like owning the original.

Renting? Ha. Robbery. Most of these renting services are outrageously expensive,
and sometimes the games don't even work properly. It's a shame.
Watch videos? This almost never is of any aide, because videos can be horribly one-sided
by the user. "This game is AMAZING!" "Best game EVER." And, it's a real piece of you know what I'm getting at. Trailers... They're just as unreliable. Except they are even MORE one-sided, because
they come from the producer/developer/company.

I don't call anything a backup that isn't one.
If I have a cold, pirated game, it's just a copy to me.

You shouldn't make such arrogant accusations that make you look like such an imbecile.
Just because you, personally have not met a pirate that does pay for good games,
does not mean you should be a fool and act like you're above anyone at all.
You're one post away from being Satan here, on a forum on the internet, so I'm just going
to assume that you're pretty socially inept anyway, and you probably only know a few people "IRL."

The only good games coming are from NINTENDO itself.
The Wii, once again is getting shit 3rd party support, and everyone thinks that it's so necessary to
release a port of an okay game with new "Motion control schemes" and a new mode. If that.
It's pathetic. The Wii has almost nothing but shovelware, and if these developers want to make money, they need to start putting forth some effort into making good games, because these minigames, and shitty remakes are NOT cutting it.

The death of Nintendo?
(Not mentioned here, but...)
HA! My ass. That will not happen. If it were to EVER happen, it would NOT be soon.
Nintendo has enough money to own everything and I don't think they'll ever need to worry
too badly about going under. If the Wii itself were to die?
Nintendo would cut its losses and hurry to release their NEXT gen console that they're already
working on. They'd probably speed up production and make it near God-like. It'll probably be basically... the PS3 + The goodness of Nintendo.

No one should worry that Nintendo or the Wii is going to die.
This ain't no Dreamcrashed.

Why do I pirate? I hate WASTING money.
I don't hate spending it on something that is of value.

Very well put!
wink2.gif

(and for once...yes i did read the ENTIRE post!
biggrin.gif
)

QUOTE(Panzer Tacticer @ Sep 18 2008, 04:04 PM) Ya know there are guys out there that design and develope programs to fight theiving bastards that pirate eh.

Think of their poor families!!

Steal something today, give those under appreciated programmers something to do. They have bills to pay as well.

Hey, they still get paid what they would, when someone pirates a game they take from the company not the employees.

beefymeatloaf420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get asked why I pirate, even from my mother. >__< But, it's not like I'm going to justify it, I know it's illegal. But to answer why I pirate, I'd have to say that it's because it.....saves me money.

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont pirate ALL my games, I buy here and there. Theres alot of good sales nowadays.
Oh, and I pirate because it saves me an ass load of money.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I NEVER PIRATE GAMES!

I pay alot!
.. When I go into the internet and download the game , I need to PAY TIME untill it finishes downloading..
And then I need to PAY MORE TIME to finish the game.. Time=Money So im clear , No pirating for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse