Hacking Why do you burn Wii games?

Why do you burn Wii games?

• I want to have a security copy of my games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high.

• I don't want to pay for them.

• I burn so I can test them before buying (and I actually buy the ones I like).

• I don't burn Wii games, just hack to increase my console's potential.

• Total voters

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
There is no "moral" excuse. If you're stealing, you just have to accept you're a criminal and move on. No sob story changes the facts.
No. You cheat no one out of any money if you wouldn't buy the game in the first place even if there was no way to pirate. Therefore not morally wrong. The fact is that any piracy is illegal no matter what the intention may be.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Matt93 said:
Here are my morals on piracy. If you pirate a game and you wouldn't buy it anyway even if there wasn't a way to pirate, then it isn't morally wrong. If you pirate a game just because you don't feel like paying for it, then it is wrong. If I like a game and it is worth the $50 I will buy it. But most games aren't unfortunately. I have originals of all the good games for Wii. I will be getting an original copy of Mario Kart Wii as soon as a store has them in stock. MKW is so hard to find!
that's what i do... i just download games i won't pay for them even if there's no way to play backups... i bought the games i actually wanted like SSBB, MKW, etc...

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
There is no "moral" excuse. If you're stealing, you just have to accept you're a criminal and move on. No sob story changes the facts.

I accept that and I won't argue that you are not right.

However, there is no moral excuse (and as far as I'm concerned it's criminal) to expect someone to pay £39.99 ($56) for Celebrity Sports Showdown or The Destiny Of Zorro.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
^^ yeah really

Matt93 said:
Heran Bago said:
No. You cheat no one out of any money if you wouldn't buy the game in the first place even if there was no way to pirate. Therefore not morally wrong. The fact is that any piracy is illegal no matter what the intention may be.
So because you would not have bought it any way, it is totally okay to use and enjoy it as much as you want? I would never buy expensive alcohol so morally is it okay for me to walk into a store, steal a bottle of expensive booze, then go home and enjoy it to its fullest extent? I would never buy a Cadillac, can I steal one? I would never drive a volvo either because those are shitty shovelware cars I guess I can steal those too.

I understand your logic, that since you would not buy it anyway no one is losing money. This is true, but just because someone isn't losing money doesn't mean the property is all yours to use. However you look at it, money alone does not constitute morals.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
^^ yeah really

Matt93 said:
Heran Bago said:
So because you would not have bought it any way, it is totally okay to use and enjoy it as much as you want? I would never buy expensive alcohol so morally is it okay for me to walk into a store, steal a bottle of expensive booze, then go home and enjoy it to its fullest extent? I would never buy a Cadillac, can I steal one? I would never drive a volvo either because those are shitty shovelware cars I guess I can steal those too.

I understand your logic, that since you would not buy it anyway no one is losing money. This is true, but just because someone isn't losing money doesn't mean the property is all yours to use. However you look at it, money alone does not constitute morals.
I can't believe I have to pull this out.

piracy-is-not-a-theft1.jpg

Your comparisons would be true if piracy was stealing material goods.

Gennie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
WiiCrazy said:
"My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high." option exactly describes my situation...
This and the fact that my country myself is pretty fucked up so I dont have many choices.. besides honestly the wii catalogue is just plain sad, the only reason I don't regret buying it is for the few good games (SSBB, MKW, etc..) and its hackeability.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted for the try before you buy option. But to be honest it's a bit of that and my country is, and always has been butt raped by Nintendo. Not forgotten, but seriously abused. But when they are good...

mastergatuno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah Nintendo cares only for Japan and US. Europe still has games officially with good prices, but them comes to you after years, right?
In Brazil and I think that in all Latin America the situation is worst. We're in hands of Latamel who sells games for 5x the original price =O
And still there are guys who keep buying from those thiefs...

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually lol'd at how many people pick the third choice.
However, once you buy a game, you can't return it so I voted for test it out before buying.

D

Deleted User

Can't help to pirate. Prices here are MAD I tell you, MAD!!!!

240 Ringgits for a game, imagine that.

EDIT: If the prices drop to say, 50 ringgit, I'll gladly buy the original, but that won't be happening I guess :/

D

Deleted User

Satangel said:
I just don't want to pay for them, some games aren't worth it.
If a game is just perfect for me, I'll buy it.
Same here -- that and the fact that I play most Wii games for about 5 minutes before I lose interest.
I bought some 28 Wii games so far though.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
I can't believe I have to pull this out.

piracy-is-not-a-theft1.jpg

Your comparisons would be true if piracy was stealing material goods.
True, not only are there better examples but it's a different issue. You're not making an argument, just taking down my examples. I was trying to point out or debunk something about Matt93's logic. If you want to get technical, no analogies are valid, as no two things are eachother so a car analogy is no good. Also to get technical morals are completely subjective to the individual and it was a dumb thing to try to bring up, define, or clear-cut on a board about piracy.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
" My country is forgotten by Nintendo and then the prices are extremely high."

That's basically it.. I have five Wii games that I bought, and none of them I'm my country. A Wii game over here costs between 200 and 250 BRL (that's something around 100 and 125 USD), that's half the Brazilian monthly minimum wage btw.. can't afford them. I saw Guitar Hero World Tour on a mall these days being sold at 1000 USD, I can't think of any decent reason for it to cost that much, our taxes are simply ridiculous.

I always buy WiiWare games though, and digitally distributed stuff on services like Steam, they don't have the absurd taxes on them, so the prices are more affordable.. if retail was the same, I would certainly buy my Wii games.

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of reasons:
* So the kids don't scratch the originals.
* So I don't have to cart disks back & forth between home & the office.
* A bit of try-before-you-buy.
* Nintendo's already made a bundle off me on hardware. (2xwii's *plus* all the extras)
* Arrr, because I be liking Sept 19th.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont burn iso games, i have 12 wii games that i bought myself... ive tried to burn them, butwhenever i try to extract any iso file from the rar file or .zip i get an error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la