Hacking Why do people use game fixes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people use ps3 game fixes when all you need is the rap and you need the rap to make a game fix? plus, all updates have to be fixed, then downloaded. that's 16 bytes opposed to gigabytes worth of data. seems very stupid to me.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing ppl who still use 3.55 kmeaw require game fixes, but honestly theres no reason to stay on that ancient cfw since alot of the higher cfw are stable with compatible apps. Multiman can actually fix the game for us anyway.
If your talking PS4 it's actually reasonable to fix games higher than 5.05 alot of us just aren't taking any chances updating to 6.72 when some apps or homebrew only work on 5.05 and stability is also a concern.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to make a game fix:

use make_npdata to make edats use free klicense (the one that starts with a 7 as there are three of them), use ps3 to dump klicense first with cfw tools (make sure to clean the log after every dump to make sure you don't get confused). use true ancestor to resign self/sprx as free (npdrm). done. now, how hard was that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

free klicense is: 72F990788F9CFF745725F08E4C128387. you can find this with ps3 tools, and it's part of lv2 on the ps3. ps2 games can't be fixed since there's no free license equivalent. that's the secret.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll delete the key if it's against the rules, but it's not like it's a secret. multiple programs use it. all 0s is no klicense, which I think is just for pkgs as you can see in the package.conf of make_package_npdrm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1