Why Do People Not Boycott Sony For Treating Customers Like Filth

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your frustration with all of that, I've also dealt with that firsthand, and while I know you think your animosity is vindicated, understand that there's no entitlement to something because you patiently waited for it. Rather, direct that resentment at those who take advantage of the surplus issues by scalping and reselling, or companies who do very little to mitigate the issues with armchair sellers who make a "living" by scalping the consoles for profit.
i might have gone a little overboard but as a consumer i have very high standards I expect out of companies i give my hard earned cash. i agree that the scalpers and companies that help the scalpers list and resell for a profit are part of the problem. i know a guy who has gotten access to multiple ps5s only to sell everyone he has gotten for multiple hundred dollars profit. the only thing i can do is shake my head. i cant stop them but sony could. if sony would just allow us to preorder like steamdeck and get in a guaranteed line that they continue to draw down on i wouldnt complain. and scalpers wouldnt be able to scalp half as much. the reason i go after sony is because they could have made this process much easier. like the wait room should have said "we have xxx number of ps5s still available and you are number xxx in que" any sql database and webpage can easily keep updated numbers of stock and update those 2 numbers as people complete there purchases.

Sworly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might have gone a little overboard but as a consumer i have very high standards I expect out of companies i give my hard earned cash. i agree that the scalpers and companies that help the scalpers list and resell for a profit are part of the problem. i know a guy who has gotten access to multiple ps5s only to sell everyone he has gotten for multiple hundred dollars profit. the only thing i can do is shake my head. i cant stop them but sony could. if sony would just allow us to preorder like steamdeck and get in a guaranteed line that they continue to draw down on i wouldnt complain. and scalpers wouldnt be able to scalp half as much. the reason i go after sony is because they could have made this process much easier. like the wait room should have said "we have xxx number of ps5s still available and you are number xxx in que" any sql database and webpage can easily keep updated numbers of stock and update those 2 numbers as people complete there purchases.
Yeah, absolutely. There's definitely an issue of transparency (lack thereof), along with instances of favorability with certain retailers, or outright collusion (moreso from retailers than Sony themselves), and the console shouldn't be a year and a half into its life cycle with people still scratching to get just one. That being said, I just want to emphasize the importance of not pointing fingers at one sole party; there's a myriad of those responsible for the way things are, and it doesn't help to go after one and not criticize the market in entirety.

Reactions: Tsukiru

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to be incredibly ignorant to believe there were missiles on board the aircraft that hit the Twin Towers in 2001 or that 911 was an inside job, but you have to be more ignorant by a whole order of magnitude to think that Nintendo purposely didn't make enough Wii's in order to "create demand" or that Sony is doing the same thing with the PS5. No console maker in history would do something that stupid. And anyone with any business sense at all knows why. This site can be an embarrassing read sometimes.

Reactions: Tsukiru and Sworly

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm boycotting sony for censorship. if wanted to be an ass and if i did not care for my account here i would make a very sad and joke that would offend everyone.

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to be incredibly ignorant to believe there were missiles on board the aircraft that hit the Twin Towers in 2001 or that 911 was an inside job, but you have to be more ignorant by a whole order of magnitude to think that Nintendo purposely didn't make enough Wii's in order to "create demand" or that Sony is doing the same thing with the PS5. No console maker in history would do something that stupid. And anyone with any business sense at all knows why. This site can be an embarrassing read sometimes.
lol. if you think the twin towers werent an inside job then i bet you also think that we landed on the moon years ago and not returning to the moon when our technology has advanced by 10fold makes sense.

ive worked for fortune 500 companies and know what there greed can do. sony isnt hurting and while i havent followed sony financies in depth im sure they can write off some of supposed losses off with all the free TPP money and other money governments gave up to prop up the business they want to prop up.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. if you think the twin towers werent an inside job then i bet you also think that we landed on the moon years ago and not returning to the moon when our technology has advanced by 10fold makes sense.
This is a joke right. Poe's law and all that but I also don't know you to tell what's the line of jokes for you.

TimPV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit OP, you're all over the place.

You're upset because you waited an hour ON A BROWSER PAGE, not even in a real line in person. You could've been doing ANYTHING ELSE while this was happening.

Then you're criticizing people for not being able to find a Wii when you can't even get a PS5.

Then you claim you're hot shit working for Fortune 500 companies, but your time isn't valuable enough to just pay a scalper for a console you then claim is shit with a high failure rate.

WTF.

Reactions: Tsukiru

AndorfRequissa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High standards? And you want a PS5?
Also, you haven't given them any cash. Since you don't own a PS5 :P
name me a better handheld than the psvita hardware wise? sony has reached high standards in the past and while the whole gaming industry is in a nose dive regarding standards sony has potential if they could get back to making games instead of microtransactions.

i dont have a ps5 so i cant speak to the quality of the hardware or the games on a ps5 but having owned multiple consoles from every console company i can say that sony has usually moved the bar up with every new console and hasnt dissapointed me yet with their catalog on each console.

every consoles has some pros and cons. look no farther than the switch which is cheaply made and doesnt have high standards by any means. i still own a switch and play it but realize that a sony ps3 can outperform the switch.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i read the first couple of post OP has said. My god, your entitled as hell. Its a page, the also told you that you may not get it on it. We just got out of covid. There are still shortages as well as scalpers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1