Why did Nintendo snub it off?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TwinsanityNtranc, Apr 26, 2008.

Apr 26, 2008
  1. TwinsanityNtranc
    OP

Banned TwinsanityNtranc Banned

Australia
    Everyone who has a DS must know about MPH and FPS games on DS using touch screen.
    it works well right?

WRONG it's painful to use the stylus to aim for a prolonged period of time and theres not enough support for your hands.
    it causes painful cramps and early athritis.

so really Nintendo why did you get rid of the Thumb stylus? it worked perfectly for FPS games, it lets you rest both hands by gripping the console and using your right thumb (depends what mode you have the controls on) with the stylus to aim, and it feels just like using a small mouse pad.
    and just as good too.

so anyway really why get rid of it? have your thumb do the stylus action and your other thumb handling the controls for strafing and moving forward or jumping back, it would just make FPS allot better and Quake DS is coming soon and maybe even more FPS games, i wouldn't mind a Wolfenstein for DS.

it would make things FPS wise for the DS much more intuitive and comfortable for all of us.

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Apparently it was because "not many people used it", even though I think the Japanese DS Lites had it with them. You can still buy 3rd party ones, well over here anyway, I still got mine from my DS.

3. nin10do

Member nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    tried a few different thumb styluses... i didn't really like em too much. the regular pointer stylus gives you more accuracy when aiming.

cramps and arthiritus(spelling)...what are you, 58 yrs old?

4. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    You should try making one of these or buy a pen attachment, they help alot and are really comfy to use . Made one myself.

5. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I found the thumb stylus a bit annoying, it usualy got in the way of the screen, and if you dont got big hands youve got to over extend a bit to get that right position

6. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine came with a thumb stylus. Kinda. It was one of those long bendy ones. They're still in production.