Why did I become stupid and blame the team and the procedures? I bought a fake SD card.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CrackVSHack, May 31, 2019.

1. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    Not said that I bought this card I said only that it exist on market - I have 512 gb evo plus

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Speed has nothing to do with it, they fake the capacity, in reality the card is only 4-16 GB in size (sometimes more), and anything you add beyond that gets corrupted. This is mentioned all over the forum, in any thread where someone is having issues that seems like might be from a fake card, but people keep buying them. For 45 euro, you could probably have gotten a legit 256 GB card, so you really got ripped off. Usually you can tell they're fake because the price is way too cheap or they have an impossible capacity, often both.
    But yeah, stick to 1st party Amazon listings, or reputable online stores/local chains.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jun 1, 2019
  3. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Don't ever buy SD cards from Ebay if thats what happen, and avoid SD cards with massive storage under $30. I recommend NewEgg as you are getting them directly from their store.
    A 1TB mirco Sd is around $400 my guy

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jun 1, 2019
  4. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    Yes you're right they mess with card controller to have more gb to show and also card acts like normal but after (stock) capacity it overwrites old data. I know this market since I am fotographer and use cards a lot. Before sd cards they faked pendrives - same idea. Few years back on aliexpress was "cheap" ssd's with originalish case but inside was hidden pendrive with same fake mechanism. I observe my country local e-bay kind site. And there are lot of new accounts created current month etc... or really underage people selling this "magic" storage for cheap - some ones uses standard nonsense that they won this in the contest or got it form uncle etc... This is cancer and I often report this to service administrators

5. CrackVSHack
    OP

CrackVSHack Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Italy
    Thinks to make 1000 card from China, wrote up what you want....how much you can spend? 1000$???? Sell them around 42$ give back to you a return of 42000$.....

6. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I found a 1tb sd card on street
    I wiped my arse with it and it still worked!

7. DarkKaine

DarkKaine GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Netherlands
    "If it's too good to be true it probably is."
    If the price is half or lower than verified sellers it's 100% bunk.
    I would try getting my money back. These vendors know what they are doing; they rely on people not contacting support or RMA. The way this scam works is that they modify the size only, meaning that once you go above a certain size it will start overwriting other data corrupting it. As such, not everyone is affected since some people never store more than a few gigabytes of data.

CrackVSHack likes this.
  8. mezz0

mezz0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Belgium
    ::1
    your arse or the card ? :)

9. pescu

pescu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    Romania
    not 1000 dollars, but 500
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ex...s=1tb+sd+card&qid=1559840453&s=gateway&sr=8-2

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I actually got an 200gb card for 36 bucks from altex.ro (an local romanian site), i tested it, and it is real

https://altex.ro/card-de-memorie-sa...0-a1-uhs-i-100mbs-adaptor/cpd/CRDSDSQUAR200G/

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted