Hacking Why did I become stupid and blame the team and the procedures? I bought a fake SD card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm sorry and I apologize with the forum , the OS team Xecuter and all my speculation.
Fact is simple.
I bought a fake SanDisk Ultra 256 GB around 45 euro 1 year ago on EBAY (so pay attention to buy it on ebay, full of fake cards...), but never thinked to misure the data transfer speed to test it.
Speed of this fake 1 goes from 10 MB/s to 15 MB/S where declared from SanDask is around 90-100 MB/s
So that's why I was full of failed installation, and files not working.
I just changed the SD and is all solved.
But to arrive to that it took me 1 week......to realize to have bought a fake card.....impossible to admit, but it can happen to anyone.
SO PAY ATTENTION and BUY ONLY FROM VERIFIED VENDORS.
Sorry again
Speed has nothing to do with it, they fake the capacity, in reality the card is only 4-16 GB in size (sometimes more), and anything you add beyond that gets corrupted. This is mentioned all over the forum, in any thread where someone is having issues that seems like might be from a fake card, but people keep buying them. For 45 euro, you could probably have gotten a legit 256 GB card, so you really got ripped off. Usually you can tell they're fake because the price is way too cheap or they have an impossible capacity, often both.
But yeah, stick to 1st party Amazon listings, or reputable online stores/local chains.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't ever buy SD cards from Ebay if thats what happen, and avoid SD cards with massive storage under $30. I recommend NewEgg as you are getting them directly from their store.
A 1TB mirco Sd is around $400 my guy

Last edited by MasterJ360,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Speed has nothing to do with it, they fake the capacity, in reality the card is only 4-16 GB in size (sometimes more), and anything you add beyond that gets corrupted. This is mentioned all over the forum, in any thread where someone is having issues that seems like might be from a fake card, but people keep buying them. For 45 euro, you could probably have gotten a legit 256 GB card, so you really got ripped off. Usually you can tell they're fake because the price is way too cheap or they have an impossible capacity, often both.
But yeah, stick to 1st party Amazon listings, or reputable online stores/local chains.

Yes you're right they mess with card controller to have more gb to show and also card acts like normal but after (stock) capacity it overwrites old data. I know this market since I am fotographer and use cards a lot. Before sd cards they faked pendrives - same idea. Few years back on aliexpress was "cheap" ssd's with originalish case but inside was hidden pendrive with same fake mechanism. I observe my country local e-bay kind site. And there are lot of new accounts created current month etc... or really underage people selling this "magic" storage for cheap - some ones uses standard nonsense that they won this in the contest or got it form uncle etc... This is cancer and I often report this to service administrators

CrackVSHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thinks to make 1000 card from China, wrote up what you want....how much you can spend? 1000$???? Sell them around 42$ give back to you a return of 42000$.....

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"If it's too good to be true it probably is."
If the price is half or lower than verified sellers it's 100% bunk.
I would try getting my money back. These vendors know what they are doing; they rely on people not contacting support or RMA. The way this scam works is that they modify the size only, meaning that once you go above a certain size it will start overwriting other data corrupting it. As such, not everyone is affected since some people never store more than a few gigabytes of data.

Reactions: CrackVSHack

pescu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How much did you pay for your "1tb" sd card? Legit sd cards of that size are almost 1000 dollars. That should have been your first clue.

not 1000 dollars, but 500
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ex...s=1tb+sd+card&qid=1559840453&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually got an 200gb card for 36 bucks from altex.ro (an local romanian site), i tested it, and it is real

https://altex.ro/card-de-memorie-sa...0-a1-uhs-i-100mbs-adaptor/cpd/CRDSDSQUAR200G/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill