http://ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7.com/

LOL

oops_ur_dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually copying it into notepad and saving it doesn't make key.bin. You need to enter it in a hex editor.
Also its only illegal in the USA I guess. GBATemp's servers are in France so I dunno why the mods freak out about it...

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
oops_ur_dead said:
Actually copying it into notepad and saving it doesn't make key.bin. You need to enter it in a hex editor.
Also its only illegal in the USA I guess. GBATemp's servers are in France so I dunno why the mods freak out about it...

Point 1. Bullshit, copying it into notepad and saving it as key.bin, shock horror, makes it key.bin. You're just a moron.
Point 2. Why would it be any more illegal in the USA? More proof that you're an idiot.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
D

Deleted-119707

is this thread neccessary?
why did you suddenly rant about a common key? pointless.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
oops_ur_dead said:

Point 1. Bullshit, copying it into notepad and saving it as key.bin, shock horror, makes it key.bin. You're just a moron.
Point 2. Why would it be any more illegal in the USA? More proof that you're an idiot.

1. Try just that and see what happens when you try to make something that needs the key use it. He's correct in that you need to use a hex editor. And yes, you can save anything as key.bin, it's just a file name. He's just stating the way to make a key.bin that's actually useful. There is no reason to insult him like that.
2. The USA has the DMCA, as I stated before. And there have been known issues companies have made regarding the exchange of encryption keys. Here is one of the more prominent examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AACS_encryption_key_controversy

Now stop flaming people when you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about yourself.

WiiLee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok dumbass i made a key.bin by pasting in note pad and pressed save as all files and then key.bin and it works with wadder and nud downloader so put that in your pipe and smoke it up ur butthole you dont need to do crap in a hex editor

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiLee said:
ok dumbass i made a key.bin by pasting in note pad and pressed save as all files and then key.bin and it works with wadder and nud downloader so put that in your pipe and smoke it up ur butthole you dont need to do crap in a hex editor

It works if you copy in the hex values into notepad that nIxx posted, then yes it will work. But if you have the key itself, and not values like that, you would need a hex editor in order to make a working key.bin.

There is really no need to insult someone for providing accurate information.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you are clearly lying there. i have tried that myself and you get a hash mismatch error in NUSD. you need to use a hex editor to get it to work properly. you are the moron.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiLee said:

If that actually works, the apps are written to accept that faulty format. It's meant to be a binary file and not all apps that use a common key .bin will accept your file.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
oops_ur_dead said:

Wow, pretty hostile eh? Why all the anger?

You and WiiLee are both buffoons.

I wish all this ridiculous, juvenile behavior could be wiped from gbatemp, but then there'd be almost nothing left here.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiLee said:
well here you go this is the key.bin that i made in notepad http://www.mediafire.com/?5mzzezzjmmn

Like i said, if the apps accept that file, they have extra code to accept this too. It's still meant to be a binary file. And using a hex editor is nothing anybody should call difficult or complicated. (at least if you don't want the rest of the world to talk about GBAfail...)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
A quick lesson for number systems...

We normally use base 10 numbers where each digit is represented with 0..9
But since most of the quantities (like register size, memory size so on) in computer world are power of 2... two number systems are much more common to use. binary and hexadecimal

in binary we only have 0's and 1's and in hexadecimal we have 0..15... in hexadecimal numbers instead of 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 A,B,C,D,E and F used respectively...

A hexadecimal number can represent 4 bits since log 16 in base 2 = 4

So, two hexadecimal numbers together make up 1 byte of information...

The fact is, if you want to represent one byte such as first byte of the common key...
in hexadecimal EB
in decimal 235
in binary 11101011 (note that high 4 bits = 8+4+2+0 = 14 = E, and low 4 bits = 8+0+2+1=11=B)

of all these, the less tricky one is the hexadecimal since if you want to put it into a ascii text you can't actually use the byte corresponding to 235 since it's not always the same in every codepage, and sometimes some characters are reserved for special things... so what you do, you actually use two characters to represent one byte of data. It's easy to enter into a editor and you only use numbers(letters) between 0 and F...

by the way one hexadecimal value is called nibble and of course two nibbles make a byte...

so the thing is, if you paste the common key (represented in ascii) into a text editor, you'll get twice the size of the actual value you needed... if it works or not just upto the AI implemented in the program that uses it... if it detects it's twice the size it can do the conversion... most of the time programs or let's say coders won't do such things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: