Why can't nintendo just take down certain games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jacob1223, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Deleted-19228

Deleted-19228 Newbie

Not sure how you averaged 5.75 posts a day for 7 years. That has to be some sort of record.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    I know a lot of stuff.
    Also everyone, please do me and the rest of the community a solid and remove any questions regarding my post. We can't allow misinformation to spread and it's worse when it's quoted from someone like me. Even I can make a mistake, but in this case, that mistake could end up becoming a lot bigger. Like I said, I ended up with nearly 20 notifications from that post, meaning enough people saw it and trusted me enough to take notice. I don't want that trust in me to be the reason misinformation is populated on this site.
    I am sorry that I misread a post and spread it as fact before getting all of the information. But the best way to fix this, is to ensure it doesn't get spread. If I can misunderstand something like that, I would hate for others to follow me.

3. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sure thing.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't trust you at all _b

Quantumcat and Lilith Valentine like this.
  4. Jon O'Brien

Jon O'Brien GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Okay

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    I don't trust me either. Have you seen the shit I've posted?

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Can confirm :vv

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yeah I was wondering why everyone was being told to buy the more expensive LoE if it were still possible to buy Fieldrunners :-p

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hey I have 7.25 posts/day. But I guess maintaining that over a long period of time is more impressive.

DrkBeam likes this.
  8. Jon O'Brien

Jon O'Brien GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    nice??

9. Deleted-19228

Deleted-19228 Newbie

That's some kind of record :O :O

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

By making that post I am borderlining about to add the quote to my signature :D :D :D

Quantumcat likes this.
  10. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

GBAtemp Patron
    dpad_5678 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Of course, but maybe smea / yellows8 should keep a few exploits closed source for a bit longer, so more people will be able to get it. THEN make it open. Just an idea since they (and so many other dev.s and hackers) are basically mass-producing exploits/entrypoints right now.

11. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Well, while they haven't been able to take all the exploit games down, patching dsiwarehax for downgrades is as easy as setting the min. ver on 2.52-0 FIRM (or any after 10.4 really) thus rendering the plaintext attack useless. because lowering native firm to 10.4 = Black Screen. Which would also render hardmods (for downgrades) useless. The only way to downgrade with a hardmod then would be with a previous NAND backup. which defeats the point to use hardmod as the means to get down to hackable firmware.

Anyone can correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. pasc

pasc Newbie

Also, let's be honest:

What does having an entrypoint achieve anyhow ?
    - In terms of their damage ?

"We have some overpassionate kiddies here, hacking their consoles sir"
    - "Never mind them, they'll get what's coming"

Hacking like this is always something done by ppl that have much time on their hands (read: no job/student/whatever else)
    => not exactly a group of people that are in the majority, eh ?

Compare the current situation with the situation back in the Advance, or god-forbid DS days (where quite some people that usually have no idea knew that "flashlinkers" existed):
    The situation currently is rather disarmed.

Last edited Dec 2, 2016
  13. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    ???
    If you still use mset/broswerhax/menuhax and get confused and update sysnand (One of the many reasons a9lh is best) it is helpful

14. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    I'm not saying hardmod per se would become useless, I'm saying hardmod to get a 3ds in a 11.0+ starting point hackable, would be useless. Because you would have no prior NAND backups to get you down to 10.7 or earlier.

Of course a hardmod is a failsafe to most situations, but it's just another layer of protection if firm plaintext attack is patched.

Quantumcat likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted