Hacking Why are some games Untitled on my R4

Goodlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought a 8GB micro sd card for my apparently FAKE R4 and it works fine but some new nds files are untitled when added to the R4. Why is this happening and how do I fix it. I cannot find the answer on here. Sorry if it is a repost

Goodlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
If they're homebrew, they might not have an icon or anything.

No there Legit game files and they used to have icons. I dont know its not a big deal but its super annoying since all i look at is the pic of the game i wanna play. SORRRY just whining

Star99fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this just started happening to me as well. Every time i add a new game it shows up untitled.
Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It sounds like corrupt file table data/bad sector to me. What you have to figure out is if its the dodgy R4 clone loader that's fucking up (likely) or if the SD card you're using is crap (less likely).

Some things you can try are copying multiple copies of the rom with different names to the card until you get one working. Then delete the others. No guarantee it wont go bad later if the loader is dodgy.

Use a formating program (any decent one) that writes a disk with 0's first and thus will not fail to miss a bad sector (and flag it 'not for use') on your media card.

Star99fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
It sounds like corrupt file table data/bad sector to me. What you have to figure out is if its the dodgy R4 clone loader that's fucking up (likely) or if the SD card you're using is crap (less likely).

Some things you can try are copying multiple copies of the rom with different names to the card until you get one working. Then delete the others. No guarantee it wont go bad later if the loader is dodgy.

Use a formating program (any decent one) that writes a disk with 0's first and thus will not fail to miss a bad sector (and flag it 'not for use') on your media card.

I tried sticking in multiples but it didn't do anything just more untitled.

I'm going to try using my sd card in my friends R4 Flash cart see what happens

Also can u name a formatting program you recommend i don't know of any other than just right clicking the drive and hitting format in windows. Would be appreciated

Thanks.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that you're using an 8 gig card could explain it. How full is it? Most of the R4 clones that support SDHC don't do a good job of it and have problems reading anything over 4 gig.

Star99fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
The fact that you're using an 8 gig card could explain it. How full is it? Most of the R4 clones that support SDHC don't do a good job of it and have problems reading anything over 4 gig.
Its at 4-5 Gigs full right now out of 8GB

I Re-formatted the drive with the windows format and re-loaded the card with the roms and the kernel and all the icons were loaded properly i havent had a chance to try to add a new roms since then to see if it would continue to not load icons (untitled) after the format when i get a chance to do so i will re-post the result.

Hopefully it doesn't start to load as untitled again, would be annoying to have to reformat every time just to get the icons. if this is the case do you think its resulting from the SD card itself, the fact that its 8 GB or is it the R4

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:

There, the rom is corrupt. Try re-formatting or download it from a different source. Tell me i f it works then.

lunacy123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problems looks likely to be this:
QUOTE said:

I see many people with R4 clones complaining about this, I think there's only one or two clones fully supports 8gb.

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take the rom thats showing up as untitled off and open it in RomeR (get from my sig), if it says untitled then the rom is corrupted and your sd is the likely prob.

I had a few problems with the official R4's getting them to read the rom headers correctly. I don't know if this would work but you could try using romer to edit the rom. It rewrites alot of sections in the header so could fix the problem if it's an issue with the header format.

Star99fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so here's my update.

I did a Format of my 8GB SD Card with windows format. and then reinstalled everything back into the card and the games that showed up as Untitled were no longer untitled. so formatting the card worked

- but, a few days after the format i try adding roms again and it shows up untitled, doesn't matter what rom i try even adding a duplicate of another rom with a different name shows up as untitled

For some reason i can only add more roms after a fresh format.

any thoughts ?

LanksterZX88

Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed this problem by not renaming the files at fisrt, rename them once they are on the card

and i do not believe its a corrupt file prob because i have two R4s and one had this problem with a wario game and the other one did not have the problem (both from the same file)

hope this works for you

ohnsons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I had the same problem,I guess most SDHC carts can't take more than 4gb.of games if you want the icons & titles to show up.
Reformat your SD card & keep it to that limit ,they will show up fine...I have another 8gb SD card that is almost maxed,games play fine,just no icon & titles on some of the games,but that dont bother me too much.
rolleyes.gif

henkhenk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so just reformat the DS and you will be able to see the titles of the games and everything? and if you put a new game on just reformat it again and you can play it?
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ