Hardware Why are scammers online never using PayPal?

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why are they so afraid of PayPal? Can't they just setup a PayPal account, transfer that money from PayPal to the bank account and then they have the same result as from a bank transfer? I know that sometimes there's a 30 day lock but even if they can sell a couple of things for $2 and get trusted? When I receive money I don't have this time lock

Is there something that I don't know?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No , in the end they don't gain anything out of it , they would just be back to where they started with, if they scammed someone for $2, the person open a case, paypal reverse the charge, the scammer lose the $2 by paying $2 on their monthly invoice.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
??? a scammer doesn't wait a whole month, he has new accounts every day. He scams for $5, transfers to bank account from PayPal, withdraws the money from the bank account and creates a new bank account

BeniBel

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because it's very hard to use proxy servers with paypal for one. The other is that paypal is hard to cash out from anonymous, and they have multiple flags that can get your account frozen. Young accounts even have a secret limit of how much they can receive before being frozen for 30 days or so.

But most important. If you already have an anonymous bank account where you can receive funds, why take an extra step?

Also keep in mind that getting an anonymous bank account is far from easy. They're not gonna create one just for a few bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck