Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dunno, considering TreeHouse had the most views and Zelda was the most talked about.....
Yeah of course people are gonna talk most about Zelda with hour long livestreams dedicated to one game as opposed to other games that only got 1-8 minutes gameplay trailers/short livestream segments.
There is a difference between "We have only 1 game to talk about" and "We have 10 games to talk about"

Reactions: Deleted User

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly thought Microsoft's conference was great, but maybe that's because of all the exclusives that they're also bringing to PC. Project Scorpio looks amazing, it's good to see a powerful console again, after this lackluster gen of hardware.
Sony's was lackluster, was hoping for a new Crash, not a remaster. Death Stranding and Detroit look promising though. The orchestra was a nice touch.
Nintendo's just didn't have enough games, Zelda and Pokemon look great, but it's just not enough.

In my opinion:
Microsoft > Sony > Nintendo

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sony for me, but MS was a close second. The hardware side is looking very promising, but the games are all going multiplat making the Xbox itself a bit unnecessary to enjoy the main beef with the Bluetooth version of the controller.

Been hammered with work so I've yet to watch UbiSoft's show

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sony for me.

The crossbuy and xbox stuff on pc was nice, except it will be windows store and awful uwp, so that instantly kills any excitment I have for it.
I wonder why. I've been playing Killer instinct on my PC with these supposidly awful UWP and I really didn't notice anything awful about them.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, back when I was running Windows 10, UWP wasn't even that bad.
Sure it'd be better if you could buy the games through Steam, but I don't mind dealing with it to have the ability to play Forza Horizon 3 or Halo Wars at 1440p/60fps or 4k/60fps.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yeah of course people are gonna talk most about Zelda with hour long livestreams dedicated to one game as opposed to other games that only got 1-8 minutes gameplay trailers/short livestream segments.
There is a difference between "We have only 1 game to talk about" and "We have 10 games to talk about"

And 4-hour wait lines, even after converting the entire booth just to Zelda game stations.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder why. I've been playing Killer instinct on my PC with these supposidly awful UWP and I really didn't notice anything awful about them.

There's no supposedly about it, it's a highly restrictive format.

No modding
No hooking the exe
No injection.

So mods for the most part are out. If the game is built with it in mind, then techincally you can have mods. But they would be authorised mods (much like how fallout has mods on consoles). There's no simply digging around in the files like a win32 game.

OBS and other similar recorders are limited to either monitor capture or window capture. Can't use gamecapture as it can't hook the .exe.

Overlays like rtss don't work. Can't hook the .exe for fps capping with proper frame pacing either.

No injection, so stuff like reshade can't be used.

Killer instinct has already shown the downsides. Original version didn't work properly on high refresh screens as fps was tied to game speed and there was no cap. Win32 game, no problem, either go exclusive full screen and have the game switch the monitor to 60hz on launch or use rtss to cap the fps 60, neither solution was available due to uwp and high refresh users were forced to either not play or manually switch to 60 everytime they wanted to play the game.

UWP is a restrictive format and it and the win10 store are Microsofts attempt at bringing a console style walled garden to pc and I want no part of it. If I wanted to be in a resticted walled garden, then I wouldn't be on pc.

Reactions: Deleted User

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As someone who doesn't mod games, doesn't use reshade, has a 59 refresh rate monitor the only real Issue I see here is that OBS doesn't work well.
And tbh even if I cared, I can still play Xbox exclusives on good frame rate on a PC. I'd take that over nothing. But to each their own.

Last edited by CathyRina,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't Microsoft say that they're working on fixing overlays, mods, vsync, higher framerates/gsync & freesync though?

Vsync is already available on some games (has to patched per game).

Gsync/freesync. Well gsync already worked in windowed mode, it just didn't seem to work with some win10 games. Support for freesync/gsync has apparently been added to games now, but again seems to be a per game thing.

Mods. No. All Microsoft has said is "depends on the mod". Or in other words, developer sanctioned mods only.

http://www.pcgamer.com/microsofts-uwp-will-support-some-mods-but-not-all/

""The mods where we’ll probably have some discussion, is... if I go in and change the executable in a way—if I actually go in and reorder the code or inject code paths the developer didn’t originally intend, [then] the problem is, I don’t know if that modification is to fix a broken game, or to add some kind of phishing tool to the game so that now it’s capturing my passwords as I’m typing them into Chrome."

high hz/fps support. It was never an issue with them not supporting it. It was a specific issue with killer instinct, something that could have been user fixed on a normal win32 app, but not on UWP, and had to wait for a dev fix.

Overlays, no. All they have ever said is "working on support" followed by it's fairly simply for devs to port it.

Just as with the xbox one launch promises, all the answers MS give are vague "it's coming, it'll be supported", but never any details

Anything that hooks into the .exe or uses injection is unlikely to ever be supported due to it being unsecure (see the paranoid "capturing passwords") excuse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1