Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

watchmenmain53yj3.jpg

I've been waiting for this movie for 20 years and it looks awesome. I hope the story is handled well but man, this trailer gave me chills!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok when I first heard about the film a few years ago I thought "fuck no leave it alone". Then it was announced that Zack Snyder was directing it, he made the "Dawn of the Dead" remake with fast running zombies and that instead of being awful turned out to be a fine film and then made "300" the perfect adaptation so I was open to him doing his stuff on Watchmen.

Then I saw this trailer and I'm pretty pleased with it, its a shame that "Tales of the Black Freighter" will only be in the DVD version of the film though but still looks like Zack has done it again, if anything at least it'll turn people on to the original source.

And for fans of "300" Frank Miller is writing a sequel or prequel (no one really knows) and Zack will direct it if he likes the graphic novel.

D

Deleted User

I'm currently reading the graphic novel and I really like it (about 3/4 through). I never heard about the movie, though, but I think I'm going to watch it, when it's out.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edward Hyena said:
I'm a little worried by the fact that Alan Moore's name do not appear in the credits.

Alan Moore has refused to be on any more movie credits because he did not like how some prior adaptations of his stuff (From Hell, Constantine, some others) went. He's probably the best comic book writer ever but he's a total elitist asshole about some stuff :|

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have added the trailer to my 1080p trailer collection. It looks amazing.

I've never read the comics/graphic novel so I don't know much about it. Anyone care to give me a quick run down on the general idea of the story?

Also, what is the name of the artist/song in the trailer?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
I have added the trailer to my 1080p trailer collection. It looks amazing.

I've never read the comics/graphic novel so I don't know much about it. Anyone care to give me a quick run down on the general idea of the story?

Also, what is the name of the artist/song in the trailer?

Smashing Pumpkins did the song, don't know the name.

And if you want the story, is it really that hard to go to wikipedia and search "watchmen"?

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this trailer when I watched the Dark Knight movie couple hours ago. Trailer was done very well. Set a nice mood and song choice was excellent. I don't know anything about Watchmen, but the trailer was great at least.
smile.gif

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said it was well done : P

For fans, on itunes they now have the complete first issue in this "motion comic" thing. It's like the comic done in flash, its REALLY cool, and free!

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, I wanted to check out that motion comic business but it's only available in the US
frown.gif
. The movie looks pretty darn good, I just started reading the comic books after watching the trailer before The Dark Knight. My brother had bought me the book a while ago but I never really looked into it, I guess now is as good a time as any to start; so far I'm liking it.

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Alan Moore has refused to be on any more movie credits because he did not like how some prior adaptations of his stuff (From Hell, Constantine, some others) went. He's probably the best comic book writer ever but he's a total elitist asshole about some stuff :|

Ahhh, I didn't realize he was the writer of those two books. (I didn't even make the connection that Constantine = Hellblazer) I can see why he'd not want someone pissing all over his vision then.

As for calling him an elitist asshole, I wouldn't go that far. I know I'd be ticked off if someone cast Keanu Reeves as a character I'd put alot of time into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: