Gaming who else tought metroid prime was crap

ultrablade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet and still, the graphics were great for a nds game in my opinion, I might try to replay the game. It throws out the DS's potential.

ultrablade

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought it was great, although it occasionaly lacked focus. (I found myself wandering a bit)

Still, how many more 2D Metroids can people play? Stop living in the past.

Stop living in your imaginary world where 2D gameplay is the past.
I really enjoy the 2D Metroids a lot, but found Hunters boring and a real chore to control - so uncomfy.
I found the controls pretty awesome, they just should have made a better game with it... Using the second trigger for jumping or not using jumping at all would have helped, too.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was great, although it occasionaly lacked focus. (I found myself wandering a bit)

Still, how many more 2D Metroids can people play?  Stop living in the past.

Stop living in your imaginary world where 2D gameplay is the past.
I really enjoy the 2D Metroids a lot, but found Hunters boring and a real chore to control - so uncomfy.
I found the controls pretty awesome, they just should have made a better game with it... Using the second trigger for jumping or not using jumping at all would have helped, too.

You're the one living in the past my friend.

And there has been 5 2D Metroids not including fan creations. I'm sorry but I crave something new.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't go that far and say MPH is crap, actually it's a very good game considering the whole package. The single player mode is good and I enjoyed it, but MP and MP2 are classes better for sure.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
2d gameplay is not in any way of past...

however 2d visuals feels kind of in the past...

regarding metroid prime hunters...
it had really amazing sound. tho the game felt rather stale.
visually it was pretty okay
control-wise... i find it a tad annoying aim with the pen sometimes..
the same bosses over and over again? no thanx, this is really where the game lacks.
meeting and defeating the hunters felt really repeative too...
I still haven't tried the game wifi online, but I'm certainly going to someday when I really really feel for it
wink.gif

A new sidescrolling Metroid just feels so much more natural to me on a handheld such as Nintendo DS. Tho more fps-one are welcome on the Wii
smile.gif

Other than that:
After Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is finished by Retro, I hope they'll start making something truly unique, a whole new franchise.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a huge metriod fan, and was totally stoked for this game. I played to the first boss, got carpal tunnel syndrom, and then stopped playing it for a while. I then tried to play it again later, and tried climbing that staircase right after the first boss. I tried like 25 times, and then almost snaped my DS in half. Decided to go online for a bit. I had 70 deaths, 0 kills in 7 games. Haven't touched it since.

ultrablade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, again this topic is hott!! 10 members reading it:

ultrablade, uchiha_itachi, zedrac, walkir, GameGeezer, bakhalishta, dethnite, BlazedMonkey, seja_8, htoxad

lol we should have an online petiton for what to put in the next metroid ds game!

lol

ultrablade

salv

Male Nurse
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
theres a story to prime hunters??? i beat the game without understanding what the hell happened.
thoese guardians and diffirent hunters were realllllllllllly annoying
FrameRate was really brutal too. and jumping on platforms realllllllllly made my hands sweat due to the precision u must have. damn you platforms.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate all these Metroid 1st person shooter games so you can add me to the list. I hope a Metroid 2d game (like all the original ones) comes out for the DS. That will be the only other way I would play another Metroid game.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't finished the game yet, but I was disappointed by it.

All throughout the first planet/space-station-thing I was like "Yea, this is pretty standard metroid stuff. I'm gonna learn the basics on this station, find something important, then run like fuck when the timer comes up because the self-destruct sequence has been activated". I didn't even pay attention to the message that came up when the timer appeared, so I just assumed it was gonna blow up and I had to get out of there. So I got tomy ship and took off. "Hey it didn't blow up...wtf". Went to the next planet. "Now it should get fun." Nope it was the same damn routine from the space station.

Anyway, at this point I'm only playing single player to get the unlockable stuff for multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine