Who creates cheat codes completes the games?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all guys,i've been asking myself a question for some time:who creates cheat code (like me)completes the games or not?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I might not have understood your question either lol. When you said complete the game how did you mean it? I assumed you meant does it still count as completing a game if you use cheats.
He's asking if the people that creates the cheats has to complete the game beforehand.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I might not have understood your question either lol. When you said complete the game how did you mean it? I assumed you meant does it still count as completing a game if you use cheats.
I mean if they are tested until the game is completed,to see if they create crashes they always work.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
who creates cheat code (like me)completes the games or not?
Depends. There are tools to check what values changes at any given time. These values can either be in code or hexadecimal. So it gets kinda predictable if you use said tools. No need to finish the game, just know what values inside the code changes what and find a way to edit them.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends. There are tools to check what values changes at any given time. These values can either be in code or hexadecimal. So it gets kinda predictable if you use said tools. No need to finish the game, just know what values inside the code changes what and find a way to edit them.
I know very well that these tolls exist, but there are codes that even created by these tools don't work because the game has been tried for a short time,done only one mission and playing hard and progressing,maybe there are no codes that you would need.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure where you are heading.

If you mean "does playing the game with cheats mean you can't say you completed the game? Or at the very least that you played a different game to presumably everybody else." then probably varies by the cheat and is its whole own argument -- does dodging grinding in a game that mostly tests reactions mean I did not play the game much like giving myself infinite money and health in a shopkeeper game means I did not really get tested? Some also claim in game existing cheats mean you did not play the game properly but that is a metaphysical argument I will step back from for now (it is however something the developers put in so you get to reconcile that one).

If you mean "if you make/use cheats does it ruin your enjoyment of the game such that you don't want to play it to the end?" then in my case usually no as I use cheats to make things more enjoyable. Sometimes it is just to get to the end of something.

Frankly cheats are good stuff. "My screen, my rules" means I play things how I like and am very content with that setup. The devs can have what they intended people to play but there are no sacred cows in my world. My screen, my time, my rules and fuck the intent of the original devs if I so desire.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am not sure where you are heading.

If you mean "does playing the game with cheats mean you can't say you completed the game? Or at the very least that you played a different game to presumably everybody else." then probably varies by the cheat and is its whole own argument -- does dodging grinding in a game that mostly tests reactions mean I did not play the game much like giving myself infinite money and health in a shopkeeper game means I did not really get tested? Some also claim in game existing cheats mean you did not play the game properly but that is a metaphysical argument I will step back from for now (it is however something the developers put in so you get to reconcile that one).

If you mean "if you make/use cheats does it ruin your enjoyment of the game such that you don't want to play it to the end?" then in my case usually no as I use cheats to make things more enjoyable. Sometimes it is just to get to the end of something.

Frankly cheats are good stuff. "My screen, my rules" means I play things how I like and am very content with that setup. The devs can have what they intended people to play but there are no sacred cows in my world. My screen, my time, my rules and fuck the intent of the original devs if I so desire.
Sorry @FAST6191 ,maybe you didn't quite understand what i meant by my question:i asked if whoever creates cheat codes for games completes them.
I do,for example in an RPG or in a game where there are many characters you have to complete the game to have HP,MP etc ... for all the characters you can't play 5 minutes and you find codes for 2 things and maybe the rest is enough there is no more.
Here is the meaning of my question,i hope i have explained it well.
However i also use cheat codes,because i no longer have time like i used to and i like to finish games faster and create them because this is also a form of modding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...