PS1/2 White ps2 sllim

KtheKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so i got a white ps2 slim to sit beside my ps3 because i have a 40 gig which is non backwards compatible and was wondering how do you softmod the ps2 slim or hardmod it so you can play games from a usb hardrive? Thanks in advance

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KtheKing said:
Hey so i got a white ps2 slim to sit beside my ps3 because i have a 40 gig which is non backwards compatible and was wondering how do you softmod the ps2 slim or hardmod it so you can play games from a usb hardrive? Thanks in advance

You don't want to load games via usb on a ps2, that's too slow. But since it is a slim, you could try network loading.

Anyways, how new is the ps2? Does it have internal or external power supply? On a new ps2 you can't install Free McBoot, which means you would need to use Swap Magic or something similar everytime you want to launch something.

KtheKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
KtheKing said:

You don't want to load games via usb on a ps2, that's too slow. But since it is a slim, you could try network loading.

Anyways, how new is the ps2? Does it have internal or external power supply? On a new ps2 you can't install Free McBoot, which means you would need to use Swap Magic or something similar everytime you want to launch something.

oh really so it wont be like wii usb loading ?? its great man the white is nice looks good next to my wii, now only if my ps3 was white or i need to get an xbox 360 slim to make it all match up hmm wuts network loading does the slim have wi fi ? its a schp - 70001 or something so its the older one how do i tell if it has an internal or external power supply ? i think its external because it plugs into an outlet

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb loading is slow as ps2 is only USB 1.1 and Wii is USB 2.0. Slim do not have wifi. If the power cord has a "brick" it is external power (the plug is one circle, like most laptops). If it is just a wire to the wall its internal (a figure 8 shape connector with 2 pin).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should have a LAN port for cable based network, which is only faster and more reliable than wifi, nobody wants that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol