Hacking While in game, Soft reset = SC card crash

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always safe remove, and take good care of my r4 and my 2gb sd card. furthermore, they are both about a month old. While i was in a game, i pressed all 4 buttons plus L and R to soft reset. It took me to the main screen, but it was frozen. I restarted the system, and it said SD error. I put my sd card in my comp and it says I need to reformat.

Two lessons learned: 1) back up your stuff
2) do not use soft reset in game. just power it off manually.

sorry I meant to write "SD" not "SC"

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I always safe remove, and take good care of my r4 and my 2gb sd card. furthermore, they are both about a month old. While i was in a game, i pressed all 4 buttons plus L and R to soft reset. It took me to the main screen, but it was frozen. I restarted the system, and it said SD error. I put my sd card in my comp and it says I need to reformat.

Two lessons learned: 1) back up your stuff
2) do not use soft reset in game. just power it off manually.

sorry I meant to write "SD" not "SC"

I use in-game soft reset all the time and don't get card corruptions, it's more than likely just a fluke.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope i did not. i did not update. it just crashed...

and on another note... i reinstalled all the stuff and now my r4 wont play 1158 - zelda =( it says reinsert the card, but there is not much i can do. other roms seem to play.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went on r4ds site and got the newest kernal... i guess i will try it again. its the r4ds kernal that matters right? not the moonshell?

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i see the problem. on the r4 site, on the main page, it says "newest" kernal, however it is NOT the newest one. you have to go to another page on their site to find the newest one. that is why i was confused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality