Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
no1r said:
which linux version got the GUI ? i dont like command lines :X
XWhiite and Gentoo have GUIs.

nicksasa said:
QUOTE(no1r @ Mar 4 2009, 09:03 PM) which linux version got the GUI ? i dont like command lines :X
then linux is not for you my friend ....
Mhm...and what about Ubuntu?
tongue.gif

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
IronMask said:
You probably won't because you have a ntsc format... you may even need to change video format with tv settings...

By the way there is a Linux-Kernel forwarder channel in my signature... It is a must have if you are using this alot...

Wheres that channel dude? in the wadder page? where exactly whats its name? ty

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
no1r said:
which linux version got the GUI ? i dont like command lines :X
XWhiite and Gentoo have GUIs.

nicksasa said:
QUOTE(no1r @ Mar 4 2009, 09:03 PM) which linux version got the GUI ? i dont like command lines :X
then linux is not for you my friend ....
tongue.gif
What about Ubuntu? It has a command line.

If you don't like the command line. Linux is not for you.

Even the Ubuntu bloatware (not bloatware as in Windows, but it's still a heavier Linux distribution).

1ns4nity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working....but now here comes the next problem.

Xwhiite does not seem to automount or recognise my usb thumb drive. HOw do i dothis?
There is no sudo command so I cant even run the mount command!

does anyone know which device is the usb thumb drive device? /dev/sda1? and what is the root password?

t7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Little Update:

Gentoo seems to install fine, but it takes very looooong...

Instructions:
QUOTE said:
If you want to install Gentoo, download it here, unrar it, rename Bliight-beta.tar to debian-etch-4.0+whiite-0.1.tar, and replace it on the root of the USB-Stick with the already existing debian-etch-4.0+whiite-0.1.tar!!! Continue then like before.

But like I said, seems...I get an Error (Failed to start the X-Server, etc...)

@ganons: Sorry, I don't know...I don't have an Ethernet-Adapter, so I can't download it...

I actually released it with a bad xorg.conf that worked for me but noone else, there is a replacement available, I just never re-released it with the fixed one, you can find the working xorg.conf here; http://theendoftime.no-ip.org/xorg.conf

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yano, afer all thisime i still dont understand the advantage of running linux on wii...

someone care to explain please

i like leaning about computers but i've never really into stuff like linux etc so i dont understand the basic concept of what they do on a computer either XD

may sound absolutely impossible for me to not know but there ya go lol

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Arm the Homeless said:
Blue-K said:
tongue.gif
What about Ubuntu? It has a command line.

If you don't like the command line. Linux is not for you.

Even the Ubuntu bloatware (not bloatware as in Windows, but it's still a heavier Linux distribution).

Yeah, every Ubuntu has a command-line, like you said. But Ubuntu is the best Linux-Distro, with wich you can do easy things without Command-line (In my opinion). In my whole Ubuntu-Life (1-2 Yeahrs), I only needed the command line for setting up on a new Install (creating some files in the /etc-Folder to quiet the Fan, etc.), not more.

t7g said:
Blue-K said:
Little Update:

Gentoo seems to install fine, but it takes very looooong...

Instructions:
If you want to install Gentoo, download it here, unrar it, rename Bliight-beta.tar to debian-etch-4.0+whiite-0.1.tar, and replace it on the root of the USB-Stick with the already existing debian-etch-4.0+whiite-0.1.tar!!! Continue then like before.

But like I said, seems...I get an Error (Failed to start the X-Server, etc...)

@ganons: Sorry, I don't know...I don't have an Ethernet-Adapter, so I can't download it...

I actually released it with a bad xorg.conf that worked for me but noone else, there is a replacement available, I just never re-released it with the fixed one, you can find the working xorg.conf here; http://theendoftime.no-ip.org/xorg.conf

Whoho, time to search for the USB-Stick...it must be around somewhere here..
tongue.gif

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a great tutorial man, got me up and running, but you did leave out one very important detail. THE WHIITE LINUX INSTALLER WILL NOT FIND THE TAR.BZ2 AND .CONF FILES UNLESS THEY ARE THE ONLY THING SITTING ON THE CLEAN AND FORMATTED USB DRIVE, STICK, CARD READER, OR MEMORY CARD.

Just trying to help is all. Caused me a bit of headache. But I can't wait to try Linux out once it finishes! Great work!

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to bump this old thread, but I'm having problems with the installer.
With my USB Keyboard, I cannot move the "cursor" (highlighted red) over the "" option. Am I supposed to move it with the Arrow Keys or something else?

DryPear

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting an error that is telling me to look at dev\tty4 for clues.
It is happening after I the partitioning screen.
Does any one know how I can fix this or where I can find dev\tty4 because there is no \dev\ file on my USB Stick or SD Card?
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1