?
  1. Windows 7

70.0%
  2. Windows 8

12.2%
  3. Windows XP

13.3%
  4. Windows Vista (pfft, ya right Vista running smoothly :P )

4.4%
  1. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bangladesh
    I'm well aware of what's in the video. It's a parody of Apple software but in my opinion Microsoft is taking that road with windows 8... Just like the new folder/explorer system... Blen

2. aireca

aireca GBAtemp Regular

United States
    what new explorer? it's the same thing on 7, libraries you mean?

3. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Suppose I would have to agree. From time to time, I will still put an install of 2k on something newer just for fun. Drivers can be a pain this far ahead, but can usually manage something.

4. Tsuteto

Tsuteto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Using Vista, hate it, and haven't had much experience with 7, so I have to go with XP.

1 person likes this.
  5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

I voted Vista. Not because Vista runs any better or worse than 7, but because they all run just as well as each other on my system. Except 8 - that's just not ready for me.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    2000 should be on the list, it's really the one that runs the best on bad hardware, and apps and drivers still support it to this day. I voted Windows 7, because it runs as fast as XP and doesn't have the huge memory footprint of Vista, plus it looks nice. On low-end hardware such as netbooks though, you'd probably still be better off with XP. However, there are a lot of people who use Win7 on their netbooks with no problems, it's a bad idea unless it has at least 2GB ram though.

7. Centrix

OP Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    This all very interesting, I'm glad we can all talk about these OS's calmly :) I love 8, sure there are some things that are a hit and miss with me, I love/hate the Metro UI I find it very convenient but at the same time something in my gut tells me to hate the new UI :P weird I know! So I can see where those that do and don't like 8 come from. I've gone back and forth between 7 and 8 these past 6 months deciding which I want on my Laptop and Desktop! in the end one has 7 and the other my laptop has 8! I think 8 has great potential and I think I may just tough it out and use my laptop as a Guinea pig test subject as Microsoft sends out the updates! I hope DAZ will release and or make a loader for 8 or add 8 activation support to his already awesome Activator soon :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Mazor

Mazor Z80 master arch

ME runs pretty good. I mean you do get the occasional BSOD but only if you're doing out-of-the-ordinary stuff like connecting a USB device, increasing your volume with the volume up button on your keyboard or trying to print something.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

In terms of smooth running Windows 8 will definitely be the most streamlined and efficient of the lot.

In terms of actually doing anything without giant icons in the way (I.e. metro) I vote for Win 7. I'm sure people will disagree with me but I just think Metro gets in the way more than it helps.

1 person likes this.
  10. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Romania
    Windows 7 for me! ;)

DOS. :rofl2:

11. Daidude

Daidude Puzzled

United Kingdom
    Slightly off topic but as i was curious i just researched Daz's loader and finally upgraded my sister's windows 7 starter netbook to home premium genuine and will probably upgrade my laptop to ultimate so yeah, thanks :D :yay:

On topic: I have been using Vista Home Premium for the last 4 years and prefer it over XP with the service packs installed but I may upgrade to windows 7 or 8 eventually when I get a new laptop around November. I do like Vista a lot though and try to convince people who hate it so much that it isn't actually that bad ;)

12. Dingoo-fan 32

Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Voted in W7.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Windows,