qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
why do people make such an issue of the speed at least for me the difference is does the page load in 2 seconds or in 2.5 seconds. some sites load slow but that really doesn't have anything to do with which browser you use

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firefox and opera, mostly firefox
google chrome i will never use
they won't screw me with their "modified" license and agreement stuff

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
naruses said:
Chrome is the best everr!!!

Really, firefox takes ages opening!
Depends on your computer and internet connection.
For me, Firefox opens in about three seconds. If that is ages to you, you got some weird attention disorder or something.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If my internet browser takes longer than a second to load, I'm not happy.
If my game takes longer than 5 seconds to load, I'm not happy.
If my OS takes longer than 10 seconds to load, I'm not happy.

Not really, I can spare a few seconds of my life to let things load. Speed isn't everything, although it's natural for the average computer user to want everything to load instantly, weird attention disorder or otherwise.

Btw, Chrome does open in less than a second, and FF takes about a second and a half.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I like using Firefox 4. Love the speed and the new layout. It does have a slower 'cold start', but the browsing experience is smooth afterwards. Love the add-ons as well.

But the fastest goes to Google Chrome, most definitely.

D

Deleted_171835

Firefox is my primary browser. It boots up quickly and has a wide range of addons.
At times, I use IE9. That's only when certain sites don't work in Firefox, though.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Firefox is my primary browser. It boots up quickly and has a wide range of addons.
At times, I use IE9. That's only when certain sites don't work in Firefox, though.
I can't stand IE. In fact, I made an oath never to use IE again.
When something doesn't work in Firefox, which almost never happens, I just try Chrome. I made an oath never to use IE again.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just like Vista, word of mouth has made IE appear worse than it really is. It's really not that bad. People just choose to ignore it because there are better options. I really don't understand when people say "I refuse to use IE at all, ever."

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
Just like Vista, word of mouth has made IE appear worse than it really is. It's really not that bad. People just choose to ignore it because there are better options. I really don't understand when people say "I refuse to use IE at all, ever."

well mozilla firefox is open source, IE isn't as far as I know, e.g. updates come out way faster fro firefox than mozilla, also most people use IE(it comes with every pc) that means most virus' would target IE users, my 2 cents.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I posted in this topic already, but oh well.
unsure.gif

I use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and sometimes Apple Safari.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nutella said:
Because there are better options available that are easy to access? Why drive a Ford when someone gives you a Porsche for free and delivers it to your door?
Vista, I agree isn't all that bad. But if you compare it with Seven or OSX or Linux...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nutella said:
Simply because there are better options out there. Sure it's not horrible, but really why settle for it when there is something better?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i use chrome portable and firefox if i bring the laptop to school. i don't know why but i just don't understand opera. sometimes ie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1