• Views 20,549
  • Replies 252
  • Likes 1

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First console ever was the purple transparent GBC, which was actually my fathers but he never really played with it and came with super Mario land.
First Game I bought with my own money was Pokemon Yellow and first console I got was a GBA SP for christmas.
First Console I bought with my own money was a 3DS Xl with Orcarina of time.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do pong systems count? lol but the 2600 would be my first cart based system. Was pretty cool, somehow I ended up with all the old systems people didn't want so I had a ton of stuff as a kid.

Surely they do, I counted my 70’s Pong game, but like you I added my first “proper” console, just in case :D

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Mike9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My first handheld was a ds (my cousin hacked it and that got me interested in hacking) and my first console was a wii

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Commodore 64, seems most people on this forum aren't that old seeing the majority of systems listed are newer ones well what i would consider newer ones atleast

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by kumikochan,

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First console I got was the PS2 with Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
First handheld was a PSP with Sonic Rivals and Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Commodore 64, seems most people on this forum aren't that old seeing the majority of systems listed are newer ones well what i would consider newer ones atleast

You get used to it, but there’s a few of us old wrinklies about :D

I think of anything around PlayStation/N64/Saturn era, “new” systems :P

Last edited by Stwert,
Reactions: kumikochan

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it was an original GameBoy and a copy of Pokemon Red-- That was the first console I ever personally owned.

As of the first one I can remember ever playing, it was a Sega Genesis, and the game was Sonic 2. I don't remember how old I was at the time, but it's certainly the earliest gaming memory I can recall.

Plus, whenever I talk about my early years with family, they're very quick to note that the first games I played were Sonic 2, Columns, and Pokemon Red a bit later.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

I actually got the c64 mini for my dad as that was what he grew up with and he actually loved it.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually got the c64 mini for my dad as that was what he grew up with and he actually loved it.

Now that just makes me feel old :D

I care not though, I got one of those too, but my dad bought it for me :D I’ve already got my pre-order in for the next one they are releasing in December, even though I still have my C64

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now that just makes me feel old :D

I care not though, I got one of those too, but my dad bought it for me :D I’ve already got my pre-order in for the next one they are releasing in December, even though I still have my C64
oh no way didn't know they're gonna release that. I was so upset that the keyboard didn't work when I got it. Guess I'll be getting this one too!

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh no way didn't know they're gonna release that. I was so upset that the keyboard didn't work when I got it. Guess I'll be getting this one too!

Yeah, it actually looks pretty good, not that mine's likely to come out of it's box, the C64 Mini hasn't. Damn obsessive collector impulse :D

Reactions: 2Hack

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started out with a gamecube with pokemon channel, sonic adventure 2, and some others that I can barely remember and a gba sp with sonic advance 3, TMNT, and some others because I got rid of the gamecube and the gba sp a long time ago

I later on got a AGB-001 and modded it with a 101 screen and at the time of this post, I have all of the mainline gb through gba pokemon games excluding green.

But if this was about oldest console that I own, I have an atari 2600 and oldest computer is the TRS-80 color computer 2 which are both things that my father used to own.

Now I have them :P

Last edited by Exannor,

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first console that was actually mine that I asked for was the original NES with duck hunt/super mario bros.

Before that I would play my Dad's old Coleco, which I never knew about until I started asking for a Nintendo, and it suddenly came out of the back of his closet. Held me over for a couple years though:rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: