Which was your first console ever?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Missingphy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. xbmcuser

xbmcuser Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2007
    United States
    xmas 1977

[​IMG]

My first handheld 1978 resolution 11 pixels):

[​IMG]

Stwert likes this.
  2. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    First device of which I could play video games on was an Amiga 500. Not sure that it counts as a console as it was marketed as a Home computer, but they were typically primarily used as gaming machines.

First console which I then owned personally was a PS1 which was bought for my birthday in 1997. :D Came with Crash Bandicoot, Battle Arena Toshinden, ESPN Extreme Games and X2. :D

GearCross likes this.
  3. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    I count all of my old computers (Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, Amstrad, MSX) as consoles, they were as you say mainly used for games, though I did dabble in programming, art and digital video.

Well, normally I just say systems rather than consoles when referring to my collection, because consoles just doesn’t cover it all.

Loved (still do) the Amiga though, so many happy memories with that.

I remember making a golden wedding video for a friends parents anniversary. They were in tears when they saw their old photos and videos they thought they’d never be able to watch again. Such a versatile system (with an add-on or twenty :D)

Cosmic_Link likes this.
  4. GearCross

GearCross GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2016
    Antarctica
    My first ever console was the Game Boy Color. I remember I had to save up for months to be able to buy it!

But, as the first system I ever played games on, then that title goes to the ZX Spectrum 128k. That was my first foray into the gaming world.

5. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    If it counts, pc, don't ask which was the first game but I remember playing jill of the jungle, commander keen 4 and 6, wolfenstein 3d and other old classics and even nes games via nesticle.
    If this thread is discriminating the master race then gba sp (101 model) with yu-gi-oh dungeon dice monsters and shortly after I bought metroid fusion.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Apr 22, 2019
  6. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    That would be unfair, I’d include PC if it were up to me. I still remember my very first PC. An Olivetti 386SX, ah how I loved DOS. (No, that’s not sarcasm, I hated Windows to begin with.)

Ryccardo likes this.
  7. therainbowcreeperRBX

therainbowcreeperRBX Green Hedgehog

Aug 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sunset Hill Zone
    im pretty sure my first one was the ds lite

8. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    The Super Nintendo with Mario All-Stars, a Basketball game and a Ice-Hockey game I believe. Had loads of fun with Mario All-Stars and I fondly remember borrowing Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 from my neighbours. :)

9. hakd88

hakd88 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Australia
    My first console that I remember having was my DS Lite, it doesen't work though because it got broken in half. (not by me!)

10. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland

Convert the bottom half into a GameBoy "Micro", great project to pass the time and a great GameBoy Advance when it's finished

11. hakd88

hakd88 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Australia
    Sorry, but right when I read this, I bumped it and the screen smashed. (Sorry!)

12. UnfortunateLoaf

UnfortunateLoaf Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Mexico
    In the closet
    Ahhh the memories...
    It was Agust 23 2010 and my first day in Elementary, it's funny becuse in that time the DSi was among the trends, my cousins had DS Lites(I remember one was pink and had club penguin DS) and other cousins had an aquamarine DSi so I asked one to my uncle, who went to NY days later after I requested it, well the point was that my parents had signed me up for a school I didn't wanted to go to, so to bribe me my uncle gave to my dad a DSi XL Navy blue to get me out of bed on school day. It totaly worked. I remember Playing it during breakfast eating my cereal while stomping on Koopas in World 1-1 of New Super Mario Bros., then i brought to school and made up a good impression with my classmates. It ws the best thing that happened that year.
    I remember the first 3 games i got apart from NSMB were: Iron Man 2 (It had a videogame if you didnt knew it), Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (I miss you friend ;_; ) and LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

Fun fact: In November 2016, the person who did the cleaning in my house stole it with Pokémon SoulSilver Still inside after quitting the job (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

13. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    The original NES, with Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest, Adventure of Island, and The Adventure of Link. Believe it or not, I didn't even have the first Super Mario Bros. that generally came with the console, however I do own the game now.
    Then the Original GameBoy with Tetris.

14. 0-volt

0-volt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    Well i have the NES, with SMB3, Metroid, SMB, Nintendo world cup, Yoshi, and the other games that i forget.

15. Wallack

Wallack Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    Spain
    A nes!! I started late in this

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

16. Sethtimus Prime

Sethtimus Prime GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    United States
    NES with the Track&Field, Duck Hunt, and Mario combo cart.

17. Mr. Looigi

Mr. Looigi But that’s MY scratching post!

Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Rec Center
    A Nintendo DS Lite
    I know it’s boring, don’t judge meh

18. Dinoduck

Dinoduck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    United States
    NY
    Game & Watch Mickey Mouse (I'm so old)

19. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    One of those game and watch the came from Japan, but were made in China. I had a red soccer one that had you traverse the soccer field with a player until you scored, while avoiding the ball to exit the field and my brother, a yellow one where one had to cross a river on a balloon.

They were the best presents ever.

Then came a famiclone with 300 games in it (with great games in it, like Contra, Super Mario, Ice Climber, etc) that looked like a SNES.

I truly miss those times. And my brother as well. He had a case of stupid and is now a hopeless mess.

20. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Underground
    had an NES and SNES technically but never played that. It was mostly for my brother, who was older. I first really started playing with the n64. playing blast corps, diddy kong racing, mario party 1, and Super Mario 64. Also hexen:hrth:

Flame likes this.