Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP-3000:
  • It's in perfect condition (no scratches, dents, etc.)
  • It's hackable (firmware 5.03 or lower)
  • It has the new screen (better than the PSP-2000)
  • It has a built-in microphone
PSP-2000:
  • It's in a used condition (plenty of minor scratches, but I can buy a new shell and screen from DealExtreme)
  • It's hackable
  • It has the PSP-2000 screen (it has the "ghosting" problem, but no scan-lines, like the PSP-3000)
  • I can use the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick
Other Info:
  • I have some experience hacking
  • I know a lot about repairing computers
  • I'm new to the PSP scene
  • They are both the same price (about $110)
Other Questions:
  • I'm a little worried about bricking the PSP-3000. How could that happen?
  • If the PSP-3000 is bricked, how would I un-brick it? Is it trash if that happens?
  • If I brick the PSP-2000, I can restore it with the Pandora Battery/Magic Memory Stick, right?
  • What can I do on the PSP-2000, that I can't do on the PSP-3000?

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen a scan line on my 3000 so they aren't really noticeable. Also the gen firmware for 3000 is getting an update around Halloween to allow it to play newer games.

To brick the 3000 you would have to mess with the flash. Doesn't happen during playing isos/cso and psn eboots and psx eboots.
If it is bricked you have to send it to sony and when you get it back most likely it won't be hackable.
Yes you can restore the 2000.

I'd say psp 3000 just because of the screen quality(I have one with cfw). However if you don't want the hassle of restarting cfw everytime you turn off your psp then go for the 2000. Since it will be able to be restored you don't have to worry about bricking it.

B

ball2012003

they,re both pretty much the same but i would go with the 2000 because it will have more features for homebrew and games and you will be able to use the good firmwares like 5.50gen-D or 5.00m33-6 if you want

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I LOVE my PSP 3000 (the screen really does make a difference), as far as hacking/etc. goes, the PSP 2000 is just infinitely more reliable. The fact that the CFW is higher makes certain games play without glitches (PSN Metal Gear Solid, for one).

PSP 3000, if bricked, is then a paperweight- I haven't seen anything about unbricking PSP 3000's, but maybe someone else knows more about that, and will reply. Bricking could happen just by a simple mistake when installing CFW (trying to write to the flash or something, instead of properly following directions)- it happened to the pspslimhacks.com people! PSP 2000's, with the right motherboard (you're Sure of what motherboard it has, right?) can be unbricked, use Pandora battery, Not use Pandora battery, etc.

Maybe someone will find an exploit for the official 5.50 FW (or higher) for PSP 3000's, or something to have 'permanent' CFW, but right now, That is unknown. If there was some kind of PSP 3000 screen mod for the 2000, I wouldn't even hesitate about saying, "Get the 2000".

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little worried about bricking the PSP-3000. How could that happen?
If you fool arround with the flashes or install homebrew \ plugins \ anything that touches the flashes you could brick the PSP.

If I brick the PSP-2000, I can restore it with the Pandora Battery/Magic Memory Stick, right?
Yes indeed you can. (If you are 100% sure your PSP 200x is fully hackable)

What can I do on the PSP-2000, that I can't do on the PSP-3000?
Boot into CFW without fooling arround with Chickhen.
tongue.gif

Other than that you have to be a less carefull with it when you have a pandora set at hand when installing homebrew ect.
And not to forget timemachine which can not be ran on a 300x.

Note: You must be 100% sure your 200x is fully hackable.
smile.gif

Some 200x models have a newwer motherboard which prevents you from installing full CFW to it.

Also I would go for the 200x one seeing the fact it will take quite some time untill the 300x is fully hacked.
And by the time it does you can prob get one cheap at the store somewhere. (As the PSPGo is out now)

Greetz, Vistabuser.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
What can I do on the PSP-2000, that I can't do on the PSP-3000?
I'm only gonna answer this question because all the others have pretty much been answered as much as they can. As people have mentioned you have to load custom firmware every time on the 3000 and have 5.03. This means you are doomed to forever stay on 5.03 until another exploit. This means that eventually newer games may begin to not work and you will lose any features Sony ever adds to newer firmwares.

Some 200x models have a newwer motherboard which prevents you from installing full CFW to it.
Make sure you don't forget what Vistabuser said because newer model 2000's are almost equivalent to buying a 3000 (doomed to forever live on 5.03).

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
PSP 2000 can go up to 5.50 CFW, PSP 3000 can only go up to 5.03
and if you turn off the 3000 you have to hack it all over again.
And if something goes wrong with your PSP 3K you can't restore it.

I would get the PSP 2000. Easier to hack, and you dont need to worry about turning it off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro