which one is better, gateway or MT card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ben3769, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben3769
    OP

ben3769 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Switzerland
    there are rumors in chinese forums, some say MT card is clone, some say MT card is related to gateway team, same say gateway is clearing stock...i am confused. does anyone here have both gateway and MT card? which one is better? The shop owner here recommended me MT card, he said MT card is more popular, but last year he recommended a 3ds link to my friend...

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    I get the strange feeling you want me to say mt-card is better. :P

Ok, mt-card is better. I like the shark logo. :P

3. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    I'd say:
    wait for Gateways final 2.0 Version (or at least 1 more month)
    if they release it with multirom and nand save + without bricking code -> go for Gateway
    if they don't release it and you're in a hurry: get MT
    or if you're a legal dude: buy your games!

4. ben3769
    OP

ben3769 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    Switzerland
    I like the multirom feature , but don't like the switch, that's why i am still waiting

5. terawyvenx

terawyvenx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2011
    At first I was gonna go for gateway, but because of the 3DS brick reports and the lack of multi rom function makes not me not so interested in it anymore.

I would go for the mt-card coz its got multi rom support and in its latest update you on can use emunand to install and emulate the latest 3DS firmware.

I don't mind getting one myself but I can't coz I live South Africa and only if local reseller would it, then I'll be able to get it. So yeah I really want a MT Card very badly

6. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
  7. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I would go with Gateway tbh, they will bring out the next Firmware probably real soon and if you go and buy an MT-Card all in a hurry you will be major disappointed if GW come through with there next Custom Firmware in the mean time! :( Or like the other chappy said just wait a while and see, I mean if it comes to GW waiting further months on end then we will all know something is major wrong there end but I am still going to say I doubt that will ever happen!

Actually tbh what is wrong with GW card as it stands already?, I mean I know it has not got multirom which becomes very annoying but apart from that I think its a great piece of kit it does everything else needed for a card as long as it plays all roms apart from the three obvious ones then what the hell its great!.

8. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    MT is currently since it has Multi-ROM now.

That's what I said months ago (wait for next MT or GW 2.0) :D

9. b00100100

b00100100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2009
    United States
    I am a electronics designer and my career often times has me dealing with Chinese based companies. The one thing that I have learned about the Chinese is that they do not follow a lot of the same social quos of other nationalities. The Chinese typically aren't very forthcoming with status when they don't have information to share. In the Gateway 3DS case I suspect they have some issue that they are having trouble resolving, and instead of providing a little insight as to what the issue is, they assume that no status update is better then a status update that doesn't have anything important to say. Americans and probably others, take this lack of status to mean that this isn't important to them. So I guess what I am saying is this whole situation seems very typical for dealing with Chinese. My experience tells me that this is something that is important to them, that they are working their best to solve whatever the problem is, and that they will provide status updates when they actually have something to report. I'm impatient too, and I want an update as soon as possible, but I also realize that being impatient isn't going to make things happen any faster.

So what card is better? I don't know. If I was buying a new card right now I'd be a hard to pick between the MT Card (which is probably a ripped off Gateway), and a legit Gateway. If Gateway hadn't put in the brick code in 2.01b, and had released multirom support... I'd 100% tell you to spend the extra 10 bucks and get a Gateway. Now? I don't know. You know what would make me recommend Gateway to you? If they would release a 2.01c that was 2.01b without the brick code, and they posted a status update saying "we will have multiroom support no later than 6/1/2014".

Sammy_Lee likes this.
  10. Gabbo04

Gabbo04 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2014
    Italy
    I'm 99% sure the issue is related with implementation of the brick code.

bostonBC likes this.
  11. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    "99% sure" = have no clue.

DestinyFeather likes this.
  12. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I feel like selling my GW and getting an MT. I hate having to rewrite to switch games.

13. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    That's why you buy something like http://goo.gl/TCf4Uj and multiple mSD cards.

14. Heien

Heien GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Neither of them is better than the other one. MT-Card's first fw is based on gw 1.2 and the second one is based on 2.0b2. They managed to implement multirom somehow which is a plus for them but till they make anything gw doesnt have other than multirom they will be a team which modifies gw fw. Gateway is silent nowadays. They are either too busy for their final 2.0 release or they ran away with the money. They also have brick code(intentional or not) in their latest fw.

If you use your logic you'll see that if Gateway releases a safe 2.0 update it will be superior to MT-Card, if doesnt then MT-Card will be the superior card. So the best option is to wait a little longer to see if Gateway releases 2.0 or not.

15. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    MT-card is better at the moment and probably will be.

People have been saying wait a month for Gateway to release 2.0 before deciding for what feels like months.

I guarantee you if 2.0 doesn't come out in a month, people will still recommend others to wait a month before deciding.

I've been tempted to sell my Gateway and get an MT-card, but I realize I probably won't play any 3DS games in the next couple of months since I have a lot of PC catching up to do.

16. JakeFe

JakeFe Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    + MT-card. It's the best out there at the moment.

17. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Questions like this should be asked here .
    :bortz::bortz::bortz:

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.