Gaming Which One? (firmwareflash OR modchip)

Farami9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I need some help,

1) I'm not sure whether to get a modchip or a firmware flash for Xbox360...
I thinking of going for the mod as its stand alone and simple....
The firmware flash sound very technical (at times difficult) and plus I don't know what to get for it?

2) What the hell who I need for the firmware flash method?
Would this be it?
a blaster 360 and then either Xecuter 360 Connectivity Kit or X360 USB Connectivity Kit V2, then the software

3) Also is flashing easy, I heard you have brick your Xbox/drive?

4) Is it hard to install the blaster360?

5) IF YOU HAVE EITHER (CHIP or FLASHED DRIVE), please comment....

PS - I'm not going to play on live

Thanks

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get the flashed firmware, its much simpler then you think.
For me the chips are crap since I can't go on live(which is a major feature)

Your opening the 360 either way and firmware flashing is much safer(even though bricking the drive is possible but very rare) since you don't have to solder, which has its own dangers.

This should get you started

http://360mods.net/News/catid=1.html

need more help just ask
smile.gif

cippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Commodore4eva has released a new Xtreme hacked firmware v5.3. It is recommended that you flash your 360 with this before even thinking about playing backups on Xbox Live. Apparently he got word that M$ has been working to rid Live of hacked 360's and it will be released in the upcoming dash update tomorrow. Use extreme caution.

In regards to your question, I would defiantly recommend the firmware flash. There is lots of info on the net showing how to do it. xbox-scene is a pretty good site to get info

The hardest part for me is having to open the damn thing. The setup and flashing is the easy part
wink.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
considering ms has found a way to ban hacked 360's i would get it (if it's the thing i'm thinking of... you put it in your hdd slot to reflash the firmware) because from now on, they could do it with each update.... i'm sure it's not hard for ms nerds to find the firmware we're using and put it into the next update....

train2335

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey are any of you guys using a blaster360 for flashing - shoudl I get one?

Thanks
I wouldn't get the Blaster360 as it's kinda useless since you have to open your 360 to install it. I would just save my money and do a good old fashion firmware flash. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself I'm sure there's tons of people that can do it for you, including myself
wink.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

I wouldn't get the Blaster360 as it's kinda useless since you have to open your 360 to install it. I would just save my money and do a good old fashion firmware flash. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself I'm sure there's tons of people that can do it for you, including myself
wink.gif

yea, but with ms now able to ban flashed firmwares, and firmware updates coming with each ms update. it would be a pain to take it apart several times in the course of a year, when you could do it once, and then just plug a sata cable into the top of your 360...

ovejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks

wink.gif

You would still have to open the xbox for you to flash the drive and if its true that ms started banning users then it is a good idea to have a Blaster360 installed so that you can easily flash new firmware.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey before this gets lost, let me just reiterate that

THERE IS NO CAT AND MOUSE GAME BETWEEN MS AND THE HACKING COMMUNITY

It's not like sony vs psp homebrew community

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users