which of three graphics cards?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Dec 30, 2009.

?

which one to buy (please post why)!

1. SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4670 ($98.68 CAD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. MSI Radeon HD 4670 ($88.03 CAD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GT (104.98 CAD after rebate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Dec 30, 2009
  1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    oookay so i've narrowed down my choice of graphics cards top three nice ones, please check out the specs before voting... (sorry for making a new thread [​IMG])
    NOTE: all prices are AFTER shipping and tax

first is cheapest, but also seems to be... not amazing in performance MSI Radeon HD 4670

second one is RIGHT at the limit of my price range, seem to have just a little better specs than the first one, and has great reviews Sapphire Radeon HD 4670

third one has a much nicer GPU, but the other than that its only a little better than the second, it's also a LITTLE over my price limit even after the 10$ rebate Zotac Geforce 9800GT

please vote on which i should get (keep in mind it's for light gaming (IE medium settings on a 1280X1024 monitor) and post why! if you can find a better one for cheaper, please tell me!

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I'd go for the first one. More memory only adds a few more frames per second, so the first is the best value.
    If you can afford it though, definitely go for the 9800GT - it'll be able to cope with higher settings than the other two.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I'd go for the 9800GT. Otherwise the MSI Radeon HD 4670. I feel the 1GB on the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4670 is just overkill for a low end card. The extra memory will mostly be useful for higher resolutions, seeing as thaty card is weak at high resolutions anyway, it won't be needed.

4. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    GeForce as well. I have a 9800 GTX+ and it's awesome.