Which model for 9.00 Jailbreak

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i saw 9.00 got a jailbreak. My PS4 Pro was updated recently to 9.03 and i think i wouldnt really jailbreak it because its always good to have online access and im not sure about any ban risks. so i wasn't really bothering finding a ps4 with on lower firmware until now. but im not sure if i should get a fat, slim or pro. I already have tons of games on my pro and wouldnt really bother to buy more when it comes to good games. i mainly want to see what you can do with a jailbroken ps4 and maybe get silent hills to work on it (maybe some piracy to buy them afterwards or not). but is there anything jailbreak related that only a specific model can do (besides some games with ps4 pro enhancements) or can i just try and find the cheapest ps4 to be happy? Sorry if someone already asked something similar, maybe someone has a link ready for the answer then? cant seem to find some quick answers on google or here.

xkoeckiiej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i saw 9.00 got a jailbreak. My PS4 Pro was updated recently to 9.03 and i think i wouldnt really jailbreak it because its always good to have online access and im not sure about any ban risks. so i wasn't really bothering finding a ps4 with on lower firmware until now. but im not sure if i should get a fat, slim or pro. I already have tons of games on my pro and wouldnt really bother to buy more when it comes to good games. i mainly want to see what you can do with a jailbroken ps4 and maybe get silent hills to work on it (maybe some piracy to buy them afterwards or not). but is there anything jailbreak related that only a specific model can do (besides some games with ps4 pro enhancements) or can i just try and find the cheapest ps4 to be happy? Sorry if someone already asked something similar, maybe someone has a link ready for the answer then? cant seem to find some quick answers on google or here.

I jailbroke it to see if it was complicated, but the devs made it easy as baking a pie (which is harder).
I can't find much PS4 homebrew so far, not even remotely close to the amount the ps3 (obviously).
Gonna wipe the hdd later and update it so i can play online again as thats more fun.

As per your question. It's personal what you want. Nobody can fill that in for you.

Reactions: JackTheFroster

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Always go pro. It’s newest model, least wear and tear, best resolution, best power consumption.

Homebrew from 5.05 should still work on 9.00, but some will need recompiling if it’s been made for one specific firmware. These homebrew need to be made agnostic for future proofing.

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always go pro. It’s newest model, least wear and tear, best resolution, best power consumption.

Homebrew from 5.05 should still work on 9.00, but some will need recompiling if it’s been made for one specific firmware. These homebrew need to be made agnostic for future proofing.
I already have a pro which i bought 2017 and it has the pc-like power socket or whatever its called exactly. i am not really sure if i should buy another one just for jailbreak, since its another 400 euro. but i heard the newest model number has some improvements afterall... so is it really worth it for a second ps4 pro?

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I already have a pro which i bought 2017 and it has the pc-like power socket or whatever its called exactly. i am not really sure if i should buy another one just for jailbreak, since its another 400 euro. but i heard the newest model number has some improvements afterall... so is it really worth it for a second ps4 pro?
why don't you sell your old ps4 pro to new one that can be exploited you can save 200 euro

bbqtool

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As KiiWii said, a pro is obviously your best choice. The thing is, you can probably get a brand new slim for the price of a second hand pro. (Basically every retailer selling PS4s is only selling the newest batch of slims which are on like 7.55 or 8.00) I'd say get the slim, hack it, go crazy, have fun and keep it on 9.00. Wait for the hacks to be more developed and sell your slim for what you paid for it anyway if you don't want it anymore. Someone else will want it once more people update and 9.00 becomes less common.

Reactions: JackTheFroster

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for everyone. i ended up buying a white, newest model, pro which should be worth the 390€ since i always wanted the white one, but back then i only bought the black one. and i think i will not resell any consoles unless i really have to.

Reactions: bbqtool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1