ChristopherMims

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is the wrong section. I've grown tired of replacing my games because they get scratches or break, so I need to back them up.
I compared some different models, but still can't decide. I need one that can be installed with the least chance of messing up (the easiest to install), one that enables homebrew, is still supported and gets regular firmware updates, has the smallest history of bricking, and can be installed on a Wii with the firmware version 4.2U.

Also, if a game comes out that would require a Wii firmware update, Would I be able to play the backup without updating?

P.S. Is there any other way to play backups on a Wii 4.2U without a mod chip?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChristopherMims said:
P.S. Is there any other way to play backups on a Wii 4.2U without a mod chip?

Are you serious?

That's a lot of what the Wii hacking forum is about! Try searching next time.

Go find Xzxero's guide to softmod your Wii and don't get a modchip.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YOU CAN PLAY BACKUPS ON ANY WII WITH NO MODCHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

phew. got that off my chest. you can play backed up (or pirated
smileipb2.png
) on any wii through homebrew application. just follow any of the great stickied guides to enable homebrew on your wii (using only an SD card and a computer with internet). then you can either use a disc loader, that will play burnt dvds; or my faveourite option, using a usb loader to play the games off of a usb harddrive (or an sd card/usb thumbdrive, but these really dont have enough storage for more than 2 wii games.) it is also possible to (using a usb loader) make a channel on the wii that automatically starts a game. finally, if you really want the modchip experience, you can use CIOScorp to make the disc channel itself play backed up wii games from dvds. (dont blame me if you mess up your wii with cioscorp. so i reccomend you get NO modchip, end of story.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote dont buy a mod chip! Clearly you need to do some more reading. You dont even need a mod chip to play wii backup games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs