OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me decide as to which MiniSD card to get-

Kingston, Transcend, or SanDisk

I've found good prices for each of these for 1GB.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually Sandisk cards are rated as one of the worst performers in the Castlevania FMV test:

Sandisk 1GB - 3
Kingston 1GB - 4-5
Transcend 1GB - 4.5

So get either a Kingston or Transcend card.
happy.gif

TBH the whole deal with card speeds isn't a big issue though... I have a bootleg Sandisk 2GB mini-sd card which infact only has a 1GB capacity and gets a 2 rating on the castlevania test (if that), on my SC Mini-SD and Castlevania aside there is no slowdown/pausing/lag in any games in either gameplay or fmv.

smile.gif

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A-Data all the way. Kingston is great too. I got a 2GB version, that gets 5/5 on Castlevania. A friend has a 1GB kingston that is also 5/5. We had to "tweak" the card to make it work tho. Here is a quote from what I found on another board:

Another Forum said:
This will *ERASE* All data on your media card. Be sure to back up all your information first. This changed the amount of sectors on the card to allow quicker data transfer:\

Change "CARD" to the letter of the drive that the SD or CF card is inserted into:

Click on Start-> Run-> Type in cmd and press ENTER

8GB CF card:
Format CARD: /FS:FAT32 /A:64K

4GB SD or CF card:
Format CARD: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K

2GB SD or CF card:
Format CARD: /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

1GB SD or CF card:
Format CARD: /FS:FAT32 /A:8192

My 2GB MiniSD card when formated above gave me 5/5, before it was about a 4 (it stuttered only twice). My friends stuttered 4x on his 1GB Kingston. Using the above settings it's flawless.

I'd go over to www.m3wiki.com and look at the carts that are the best, then use those settings. I bought all my media from www.newegg.com no tax to my state, but shippeding was about $4-5.

I hope this helps someone.

ejx982

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken your no bicycle! lol